flying clubs in Charleston, SC

Old June 21st 05, 11:26 PM
Guillermo

Default flying clubs in Charleston, SC

Hello:
It is possible that I move to Charleston, SC, and I am looking for my flying
options. I have about 350 hours in Cessnas.
If I move to Charleston, I'd like to become a member of a flying club in the
area, as I like to take care of airplanes treat them well, and assist in
maintenance.
I don't mind renting from an FBO either, but I'd rather fly with a flying
club.
Which flying clubs or FBOs who rent airplanes can be found in either
Charleston Executive of East Cooper airports?

thanks

guillermo

Old June 22nd 05, 02:50 PM
Dave S

This is not exactly where you were looking at, but.

But I have rented from Moncks Corner (Berkeley County Airport) up to the
north about 30 miles (I have family there). The last time I rented they
had a later model 172 180hp with full King Silver Crown IFR panel (GPS,
dual 155's, DME) and at the time they were reasonably priced. Its been
about 3-4 years since I rented, but I swing by every year. This
FBO/Rental appears to be a county run or county franchised operation,
and appears stable. The only thing I DIDNT like was doing a checkout
they way this guy gave me one: slow flight for damn near an hour at 1000
AGL or less.. At the time I was a 100-150 hr PP, and I wasn't very
comfortable that slow and low. Now that I think of it, Im STILL dont
like that very much.. but I digress.

Just thought I'd throw that in there in case you do something like move
to Goose Creek, Moncks Corner or North Charleston.

Unfortunately I cannot claim to have any knowledge of Johns
Island/Charleston Exec other than I drove by it for the first time last
Xmas.

Good luck.
Dave