New on-line instrument approach plate service

Old January 5th 06, 05:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default New on-line instrument approach plate service

Stan Gosnell wrote:

Slight glitch. Your form only accepts 3-letter identifiers. Many
airports, especially smaller ones, have 4-letter identifiers. I
tried to input LS99 and several others, unsuccessfully.

While I admit that accepting four-letter ICAO identifiers is probably a good
idea, the point of Ron's site is to provide instrument approach procedures
in PDF format. LS99 doesn't appear to have any published approaches. Do
you have examples of airports you tried that do have IAPs?

--
John T
http://sage1solutions.com/TknoFlyer

Old January 5th 06, 06:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

In article ,
Stan Gosnell wrote:

Ron Garret wrote in news:rNOSPAMon-
:

I am pleased to announce the beta launch of a new on-line instrument
approach plate service at
http://siap.awun.net/

This service collects all the plates you need for a trip into a single
PDF file. Try it out and let me know if you think it's useful.
(There's a feedback form at the end.) The service is, for the moment,
free of charge.

Slight glitch. Your form only accepts 3-letter identifiers. Many
airports, especially smaller ones, have 4-letter identifiers. I tried to
input LS99 and several others, unsuccessfully.

I fixed this, but you still won't be able to input LS99 because it has
no instrument approaches so it's not in my database. In fact, there are
only five airports with four-letter identifiers that have any instrument
approach plates associated with them at all, and most of those are
STARs, not approaches.

rg
Old January 5th 06, 06:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

In article ,
"Allan9" wrote:

Ron
Make an unsolicited proposal to the FAA about providing a service for the
users.
Al

Not a bad idea. Is there a web page that describes the procedure for
submitting such a proposal? I tried a Google search to no avail.

rg
Old January 5th 06, 06:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

I don't beleive FAA charts exist for airports with 4 letter IDs. Once
you get big enough for an instrument approach you get 3 letters. I
could be wrong though.

-Robert

Old January 5th 06, 08:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

In article . com,
"Robert M. Gary" wrote:

I don't beleive FAA charts exist for airports with 4 letter IDs. Once
you get big enough for an instrument approach you get 3 letters. I
could be wrong though.

There are four airports with four-letter identifiers that have
instrument approach plates associated with them:

VA39 (FORT LEE HELIPAD NR. 3)
07FA (OCEAN REEF CLUB)
36MI (TECUMSEH PRODUCTS)
06FA (WILLIAM P. GWINN)

Of these, only two (06FA and VA39) actually have any approaches. The
others are just associated with STARs.

There used to be a fifth:

5KY3 (WEST KENTUCKY AIRPARK)

which had two GPS approaches, but they appear to have been
decommissioned.

rg
Old January 5th 06, 09:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Ron Garret wrote

There are four airports with four-letter identifiers that have instrument
approach plates associated with them:

Very interesting. How did you find that out? I don't have a clue as to how
to do it.

Jon

Old January 5th 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

In article ,
"Jon Woellhaf" wrote:

Ron Garret wrote

There are four airports with four-letter identifiers that have instrument
approach plates associated with them:

Very interesting. How did you find that out? I don't have a clue as to how
to do it.

PlateMate has a local database of all the instrument approach plates
(which it gets by crawling the NACO site), so I just ran a query on that
database.

Now, of course, I am going to have to kill you. ;-)

rg