First Glider experiences and IFR trip in VMC - 5 Videos

Old April 11th 10, 05:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default First Glider experiences and IFR trip in VMC - 5 Videos

First Glider experiences and IFR trip in VMC - 5 Videos

Been an awesome weekend in my committing aviation for me to make 5
videos! First three videos are my first glider experiences. Last two
videos are my IFR flight to and from Meridian MS

First glider flight. Needless to say, it's way more work then IA work
in my humble opinion. You are constantly flying the plane, no such
thing as "coasting" to look for the airport. You coast, you lose
valuable altitude needless to say. The videos outside the actual
sensation I hope will give the viewer a sense of what it takes to soar
the blue skies above.

Look Ma, NO Engine! First Glider flight - Part one takeoff to tow
rope release

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSFUm7K5sNU

The video above starts from take off to tow plane rope release.

My first glider flight After tow rope release to landing Part two -
air work to landing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__IeMFHeAMk

This video above contains finding lift within thermals, stalls and
falls and landing. Approach reminds me of the space shuttle. Well
duh, I guess so since the shuttle is a glider :-))

My first glider flight - part 3 of 3. Watching takeoffs and landings
at Pisgah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS6rzkGFNwA

Gliders are stealthy. Video above speaks for itself. No tripod handy,
sorry for the jumpy images.

IFR flight from KMBO to KMEI with ATC COMS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp8dkojCcJQ

Friend and I went to Meridian for breakfast in the above video. 7
minute video includes an aborted take off, enroute was timelapsed and
landing is wing view into KMEI.

IFR flight from KMEI to KMBO with ATC COMS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j2IcUVFWPo

Return flight home from Meridian in the above video. 8 minute video
includes screenshots of flight plan filed via Flight Aware, CRAFT,
airport diagram, take off, enroute timelapsed and landing KMBO. One
also has to "admire" the military hardware that I taxi by on my way to
runway 22 in Meridian *big smile*
Old April 12th 10, 03:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxyzptlk

On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 21:19:07 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

--
Viva la mort! Viva la guerre! Viva la sacre, Mercenaire!
Live To Spend It !