LX5000 upgrade from 6.12 to 9.xx

Old December 16th 03, 08:00 AM
Marc Teugels

Default LX5000 upgrade from 6.12 to 9.xx

Hi,

i just sold my LX20 and am in the process of making my LX5000 FAI capable.An
option is to upgrade it to version 9.xx.

Both options are expensive , about 750 euro together.

This V9.xx allows to couple the device fully with winpilot.
Any experience around with 9.xx ?

Any advantages over 6.xx ?

Many thanks !

Marc Teugels
DG400 "MT"

Old December 17th 03, 09:52 AM
Clint

"Marc Teugels" wrote in message ...
Hi,

i just sold my LX20 and am in the process of making my LX5000 FAI capable.An
option is to upgrade it to version 9.xx.

Both options are expensive , about 750 euro together.

This V9.xx allows to couple the device fully with winpilot.
Any experience around with 9.xx ?

Any advantages over 6.xx ?

Many thanks !

Marc Teugels
DG400 "MT"

I was faced with a similar problem with the LX5000 in my glider - but
it is an even older 3.xx type. I contacted Filser about an upgrade and
they said I would have to send it to them for a quote etc. as there
are hardware as well as software upgrades needed for such an old unit.
The hassle factor (as I live in Africa) and potential cost led me to
buying a Colibri instead. The advantage is you don't have to take a PC
to the glider to download the flight - just take the Colibri out of
the plane and hand it over to the scorer - or take it home to download
the flight. The Colibri is also compatible with Winpilot and the other
PDA systems. It also allows for a back-up system as I run the Colibri
from a separate battery to the LX5000 - and thus if my primary logging
system fails - I still have a backup even if it is not FAI approved
(but fine for competitions and flight analysis). The LX5000 is always
set for final-glide back to the field and the task navigation is done
on the PDA as it has better graphics. A Colibri's price currently is
about 850 euros including taxes - maybe a bit cheaper depending on the
dealer.

Clinton
LAK 12
Old December 18th 03, 10:08 AM
Bruce

Just a suggestion - forget dealing with Filser.
Contact the folk at LX navigation directly - they actually understand
service. They are cheaper, faster and more knowledgeable - if you send
it to Filser it ends up in Slovenia anyway from what I see.

www.lxnavigation.si