Where is everyone flying for Christmas?

Old December 24th 07, 05:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

Default Where is everyone flying for Christmas?

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
We're supposed to head to Wisconsin on the 26th -- but the weather is
looking fairly ugly, with yet another low-pressure center zipping
through the Midwest. Might have to fly the Subaru IFR at 0' AGL...

Where are your chestnuts roasting this year?

:-)

Merry Christmas, all!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Daytona Beach! Yet I am driving, got to haul a 24' trailer down there, only
about 15 hours one way. That drive will give you the bah humbugs.

Old December 24th 07, 07:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Where are your chestnuts roasting this year?

Well, not in Grass Valley for sure. *There wasn't a hotel in town that would
rent their front room to the Grass Valley Championship Chess Club for their
annual Christmas party because ... nobody wanted to have chess nuts boasting
by an open foyer.

*groan*

You've been waiting YEARS for the chance to use that one, haven't ya
Jim???

;-)

Merry Christmas to you and Gail!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Old December 24th 07, 07:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Daytona Beach! Yet I am driving, got to haul a 24' trailer down there, only
about 15 hours one way. That drive will give you the bah humbugs.

Yeah, well. I just shoveled out the hangar, after spending all
yesterday shoveling the house and hotel. I'm gonna have
Schwarzenegger shoulders if this keeps up all winter.

I am SO ready for Daytona Beach. Need someone to help load the
trailer?

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Old December 24th 07, 08:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Jay Honeck wrote in
:

Where are your chestnuts roasting this year?

Well, not in Grass Valley for sure. *There wasn't a hotel in town
that w

ould
rent their front room to the Grass Valley Championship Chess Club for
thei

annual Christmas party because ... nobody wanted to have chess nuts
boasti

ng
by an open foyer.

*groan*

You've been waiting YEARS for the chance to use that one, haven't ya
Jim???

Superb aviation post you hypocrite.

Bertie
Old December 24th 07, 08:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Jay Honeck wrote in
:

Daytona Beach! Yet I am driving, got to haul a 24' trailer down
there, only about 15 hours one way. That drive will give you the bah
humbugs.

Yeah, well. I just shoveled out the hangar, after spending all
yesterday shoveling the house and hotel. I'm gonna have
Schwarzenegger shoulders if this keeps up all winter.

I am SO ready for Daytona Beach. Need someone to help load the
trailer?

With trash, presumably.

Bertie
Old December 24th 07, 08:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

I am SO ready for Daytona Beach. *Need someone to help load the
trailer?

Is that the Spring Break destination for '08?

Sounds good to me!

Joe's gonna be in Spain over break this year, on a school trip, so
we'll probably just load up Atlas and point him whichever direction
the weather looks best. (That's how we ended up in Myrtle Beach and
the barrier islands last year, after first trying to fly to Texas...)

We've been talking about doing a cheapie "cattle-car-to-Vegas" getaway
next month, just to break the winter monotony. With continuous snow
since Turkey Day, April is a VERY long ways off...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Old December 24th 07, 10:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Daytona Beach! Yet I am driving, got to haul a 24' trailer down there,
only
about 15 hours one way. That drive will give you the bah humbugs.

Yeah, well. I just shoveled out the hangar, after spending all
yesterday shoveling the house and hotel. I'm gonna have
Schwarzenegger shoulders if this keeps up all winter.

I am SO ready for Daytona Beach. Need someone to help load the
trailer?

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

Sure! Come on down, we'll be there all week!g

Old December 24th 07, 10:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
F. Baum

On Dec 24, 1:30*pm, Jay Honeck wrote:

We've been talking about doing a cheapie "cattle-car-to-Vegas" getaway
next month, just to break the winter monotony. *With continuous snow
since Turkey Day, April is a VERY long ways off...

"Cattle-car" ? Are you bashing the airline guys now ? May as well, you
have bashed everyone else.
Frank

Old December 24th 07, 11:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RST Engineering

Gail is back in Chicago freezing her toesies off right now. She's due home
Saturday if they can get in and out of Midway.

Jim

;-)