Good Avionincs Shop in Maryland/Northern Virginia Area ??

Old February 2nd 04, 11:32 PM
Jay Somerset

Default Good Avionincs Shop in Maryland/Northern Virginia Area ??

Does anybody know a good, reliable (and not atrociously expensive) avionics
shop in the Maryland/Northern Virginia area? I'm based at GAI, but
Aerotronics has been effectively out of business for months -- not
officially, but no one is ever home. :-(

I used to go the a shop at College Park, but that is now impossible, due the
the DC3 regulations (and they may well have closed down).

Recommendations??

TIA,
"J"
Old February 3rd 04, 12:42 AM
Jay Masino

Jay Somerset wrote:
Does anybody know a good, reliable (and not atrociously expensive) avionics
shop in the Maryland/Northern Virginia area? I'm based at GAI, but
Aerotronics has been effectively out of business for months -- not
officially, but no one is ever home. :-(
I used to go the a shop at College Park, but that is now impossible, due the
the DC3 regulations (and they may well have closed down).

The shop that use to be at College Park (College Park Avionics, then
College Park Aeroservices) is now at Easton (Aeroservices - Easton).

-- Jay

__!__
Jay and Teresa Masino ___(_)___
http://www2.ari.net/jmasino/ ! ! !

Checkout http://www.oc-adolfos.com/
for the best Italian food in Ocean City, MD and...
Checkout http://www.brolow.com/ for authentic Blues music on Delmarva

Old February 3rd 04, 04:10 PM
Ron Natalie

"Jay Somerset" wrote in message news
Does anybody know a good, reliable (and not atrociously expensive) avionics
shop in the Maryland/Northern Virginia area? I'm based at GAI, but
Aerotronics has been effectively out of business for months -- not
officially, but no one is ever home. :-(

Stay away from Capitol Instruments in Manassas.

Old February 3rd 04, 04:24 PM
Michelle P

Jay,
try Hagerstown Aviation Services at 301-797-4100 or Lancaster Avionics,
Lancaster, PA
Michelle

--

Michelle P ATP-ASEL, CP-AMEL, and AMT-A&P

"Elisabeth" a Maule M-7-235B (no two are alike)

Volunteer Pilot, Angel Flight Mid-Atlantic

Volunteer Builder, Habitat for Humanity

Old February 4th 04, 02:49 AM
Mark T. Mueller

Ditto...

I felt overcharged for the work completed on a KX-155, and I was charged an
hour labor just to have my old Garmin box shipped to Garmin...

I heard HORROR stories from two other owners about that shop, one stating he
caught them in lies about status of repair (showed up unannounced one
day...)

They get a bit of bigger iron contract work, and are completing a brand-new,
very expensive looking facility on the East Ramp. Now I know where all the
overcharges have gone...

. ..