Hey Chuck, look who owns two Hawks!!!

Old September 25th 08, 02:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Hey Chuck, look who owns two Hawks!!!

I joined the ranks of of aircraft owners in a big way. In the last
three weeks I have bought not one but TWO CGS Hawks. The first is a
Hawk Arrow II project I picked up in NJ and It is coming along
nicely. The second is a flying Hawk Classic II I bought last week in
Indiana. Found both planes on Barnstormers and I am very happy so far.

Owning two Hawks at the same time should get me an honorable mention
in the Hawk hall of fame,or at least an extra sip of Muzzleloader.

Frank M.Hitlaw at the Hawk Hideout
Old September 25th 08, 04:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

On Sep 24, 9:46*pm, Anthony W wrote:
wrote:
* I joined the ranks of of aircraft owners in a big way. In the last
three weeks I have bought not one but TWO CGS Hawks. The first is a
Hawk Arrow II project I picked up in NJ *and It is coming along
nicely. The second is a flying Hawk Classic II I bought last week in
Indiana. Found both planes on Barnstormers and I am very happy so far.

* Owning two Hawks at the same time should get me an honorable mention
in the Hawk hall of fame,or at least an extra sip of Muzzleloader.

* Frank M.Hitlaw at the Hawk Hideout

Congrats and cool beans. *What engines are powering them?

Tony

The flyer has a Rotax 503 but I am in the market for something with
a little more omph like a 582 or a 65 Hirth. The project is to be
determined again probably a 582 or a Hirth. I got my eye on a Hirth
that had been modified with a balanced flywheel and the front bearing
mod.

I never thought that I would have any interest in this type of plane
but now that I have had my paws deep into one I'm pretty impressed.
When you really take a serious look at a Hawk you will find that it is
well designed. Not only is it a safe structure but about as easy to
assemble as any aircraft on the market. If I didn't think it was safe
or good value I sure as hell wouldn't have bought the second one.

Frank M.Hitlaw at the Hawk Hideout