Pilot Withdrawl and Miscellaneous Ramblings

Old January 19th 06, 09:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Pilot Withdrawl and Miscellaneous Ramblings

Jay Honeck wrote:
I don't wanna hear about it. I haven't flown since last April and
probably will not get a chance to fly before 2007.

Dang, CJ! It's a wonder you can put three civil words together.

There are those who believe that I can't.

Is there no place to rent?

Nope. Oh, there are a couple planes at Clark, and maybe one or two in
Manila, both a ten hour drive from here. I have seen only one small
plane since we got here. I think it was a 182.

Old January 19th 06, 02:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Nope. Oh, there are a couple planes at Clark, and maybe one or two in
Manila, both a ten hour drive from here. I have seen only one small
plane since we got here. I think it was a 182.

Man, I'd be kicking the dog and ****ing off everyone around me... (even more
than usual!)...

You're a good man, CJ, to be doing what your doing. Your sacrifice is
awesome.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 20th 06, 05:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

("cjcampbell" wrote)
Is there no place to rent?

Nope. Oh, there are a couple planes at Clark, and maybe one or two in
Manila, both a ten hour drive from here. I have seen only one small plane
since we got here. I think it was a 182.

Hope you get up while you're over there, if for no other reason than to lay
claim to ...

Christopher Campbell
"World" Famous Flight Instructor

Montblack :-)

Old January 20th 06, 11:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jay..

Curious, - help me out, what is he doing?

Either of you can answer if you choose to....

Not flying for that long is serious!

...and I will butt out if this is being too nosy..

Dave

Old January 20th 06, 11:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Dave" wrot

Curious, - help me out, what is he doing?

Either of you can answer if you choose to....

Not flying for that long is serious!

..and I will butt out if this is being too nosy..

He is doing missionary work, in the Philippines, as I recall it. Someone
will come along soon, and have the more confident answers, I believe.
--
Jim in NC

Old January 21st 06, 01:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Curious, - help me out, what is he doing?

He is doing missionary work, in the Philippines, as I recall it. Someone
will come along soon, and have the more confident answers, I believe.

Yep, that's my understanding, too.

Personally, I think CJ is *really* working undercover for the huge, Right
Wing Conspiracy (RWC) -- but that's just a hunch...

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 23rd 06, 06:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Pilot Withdrawal....

Eric Bartsch wrote:

I've been in and out of Port Clinton, but I didn't know there was food
available there. Is there a restaurant on the field, or do you need to
get a car?

I hope you have availed yourself of the Port Clinton experience. When
the weather warms, don't miss it. It's the main thing we miss as a
result of our recent move well out of $100-Hamburger range of the Lake
Erie Islands.

Jack
Old January 23rd 06, 08:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I've been in and out of Port Clinton, but I didn't know there was food
available there. Is there a restaurant on the field, or do you need to
get a car?

Courtesy car, off airport.
Old January 28th 06, 02:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

CJ wrote:
Nope. Oh, there are a couple planes at Clark, and maybe one or two in
Manila, both a ten hour drive from here. I have seen only one small
plane since we got here. I think it was a 182.

CJ, If The Phillipines is anything like Thailand, just make friends
with the local Airforce guys and you'll get to play with their toys. I
was in Thailand in '03 and was there for only two weeks. Managed to
make friends with the local Thai border patrol guys and got to play
with their toys.

http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=mr64n7
http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=mr65ci
http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=mr6809
http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=mr68o1

The Monk

Old January 28th 06, 03:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Flyingmonk wrote:
CJ wrote:
Nope. Oh, there are a couple planes at Clark, and maybe one or two in
Manila, both a ten hour drive from here. I have seen only one small
plane since we got here. I think it was a 182.

CJ, If The Phillipines is anything like Thailand, just make friends
with the local Airforce guys and you'll get to play with their toys. I
was in Thailand in '03 and was there for only two weeks. Managed to
make friends with the local Thai border patrol guys and got to play
with their toys.

http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=mr64n7
http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=mr65ci
http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=mr6809
http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=mr68o1

The Monk

Now there is a thought. The Pinoy Air Force is small, but they get
around a bit.