acro videos

Old October 7th 04, 03:03 PM
Kirill Barsukov

Default acro videos

Hi there,

I'm looking for some cool acro videos, I'm interested in airshow or
competition videos of pitts, yaks, sukhois, extras.... Does anoone
know where to look for this kind of stuff? Online stores? Phone
orders?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

thanks,
Kirill
Old October 8th 04, 02:18 AM
Peter Ashwood-Smith C-GZRO

http://pspencer.dynu.com:10080/aerob...es/default.htm

There is one kinda neat video on the bottom left. Some crazy guy got
bored one afternoon and strapped a little digital camera in his
cockpit facing upwards ... then flew a series of rolls at 20' or so
above the runway.

At one point you can see the cracks in the runway going by ... gives
you an idea what 20' and 200MPH looks like upside down. You can also
see the shadow of the plane with smoke trail at one point if you slow
the video down.

Peter

Old October 12th 04, 02:28 PM
Kirill Barsukov

Peter --

Thanks you for the link, it does look cool. Low Level acro has
facinated me for a long time but I realize that I have a long way to
go before attempting anything like that. Right now I'm not even on the
sportsman level yet, just trying to get there. BTW, here is a cool
video that I found but you probably have already seen this:

http://www.inna.lt/kairys-video02.html

Unfortunately this is not exactly what I was looking for. I'm trying
to find hard copies (VHS or DVD) with complete airshow performances or
complete competition sequences. Do you know any places that have this
kind of stuff?

thanks,
Kirill

Old October 13th 04, 01:45 AM
Smutny

eBay, eBay and more eBay... I do searches for 'aerobatic' and
'aerobatics' and there are often videos that pop up. More often than
not it's about the Blue Angels, Red Arrows and the such. But now and
again you see some aerobatic tapes that are more our speed.

Here are some titles to look for:

Flying the Sukhoi
Made when the first SU-26's were imported by Pompano Aero Center.
Lots of Clint McHenry.

Getting Started in Aerobatics
EAA tape about getting involved. Interviews with Patty Wagstaff, Leo
Loudenschlager, Clint McHenry, Charlie Hilliard and others.

Roll around the Axes
Duane Cole flys a Decathlon through it's paces. This helped me a lot
when I was flying a 8KCAB. Puts a camera in the front seat facing
forward and out the left window.

Dancing with Death
Hokey name for a glorifed home video. Mine came in a two-pack with a
Blue Angels video. Ground based video of some airshow performers
including Leo Loudenschlager.

Flying the Maneuvers
Step by step how to fly basic aerobatic maneuvers. Another EAA tape I
believe.

Ultimate Flights
A series of EAA tapes from and about Oshkosh.

Cloud Dancer
Hollywood's attempt at glorifying our sport. Best watched with the TV
on mute.

Introducing Yak-52
Video produced by Skytrace in England. Only available in PAL, but
there are enough places to get it converted to NTSC to make it worth
while.

Eagles, It's been a great run...
My personal favorite. Chonicle of the Eagle Aerobatic Team's history
and last year together.

John
Eagle N16EE

Acro crrash in NM Ryano Aerobatics 2 October 5th 04 07:19 PM
Acro Sport II Al MacDonald Aerobatics 1 September 1st 04 06:38 PM
Pitts, Acro Sport, other to buy? Dave Swartz Aerobatics 0 September 3rd 03 03:18 PM