Thanks to this group...again

Old May 17th 07, 03:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default Thanks to this group...again

Some of you have emailed me to ask about my (relative) absence from
this group of late. I haven't posted much about flying since Sun N
Fun, simply because we haven't done any. Why?

See: http://www.alexisparkinn.com/new_lobby!.htm

After five years (yes, it's been FIVE YEARS this August!) in business
as the only aviation theme-suite hotel in the Midwest, we finally
saved up enough $$$ to completely re-do our lobby. Mary and I did
almost all the work ourselves, and (if I do say so myself) it turned
out beautifully.

See a video walk-through he
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photoga...byWalkThru.wmv

For those who may not have been around here back in 2002, our venture
into the lodging industry was heavily influenced by many folks on this
very newsgroup, who -- at every step of the way -- were generous with
their time and expertise as we groped our way into a very strange, new
world. (Mary is a Medical Technologist, and I was a newspaper guy for
21 years -- to say that we knew NOTHING about hotels was an
understatement!)

All we knew was what *we*, as frequent travelers, liked (and hated)
about hotels. No one gave us much of a chance, and few (outside of
this group) appreciated or understood the concept of aviation theme
suites.

However, one by one, we simply added what we liked, eliminated what we
hated, and used literally dozens of the suggestions from this group to
enhance the hotel experience for our guests. Everything, from the
decision to add free wireless internet everywhere, to the addition of
a courtesy van for pilots, to the availability of on-site rental cars,
to the construction of the Kiwi flight simulator -- ALL OF IT was
influenced by you guys and gals on this group!

Without you folks, and the constant, strong support of the pilot
community, the Alexis Park Inn & Suites would never have made it off
the runway...

Thanks, guys! It's been a great ride -- with no end in sight!

:-)
--
Jay & Mary Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 17th 07, 03:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter R.

On 5/17/2007 10:32:18 AM, Jay Honeck wrote:

After five years (yes, it's been FIVE YEARS this August!) in business
as the only aviation theme-suite hotel in the Midwest, we finally
saved up enough $$$ to completely re-do our lobby. Mary and I did
almost all the work ourselves, and (if I do say so myself) it turned
out beautifully.

Very nice work there. Congratulations.

--
Peter

Old May 17th 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Harry[_2_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
oups.com...
Some of you have emailed me to ask about my (relative) absence from
this group of late. I haven't posted much about flying since Sun N
Fun, simply because we haven't done any. Why?

See: http://www.alexisparkinn.com/new_lobby!.htm

After five years (yes, it's been FIVE YEARS this August!) in business
as the only aviation theme-suite hotel in the Midwest, we finally
saved up enough $$$ to completely re-do our lobby. Mary and I did
almost all the work ourselves, and (if I do say so myself) it turned
out beautifully.

See a video walk-through he
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photoga...byWalkThru.wmv

snip

--
Jay & Mary Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Jay, I wished we lived closer, I'm sure we would become one of your
customers - nice job. Best of luck. We'll be looking for you at Oshkosh!

Harry
San Antonio, TX

Old May 17th 07, 11:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

In article .com,
Jay Honeck wrote:

See a video walk-through he
http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photoga...bbyWalkThru.wm

holy cow! that's quite a change (it looks great)

--
Bob Noel
(goodness, please trim replies!!!)

Old May 18th 07, 12:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert A. Barker

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
oups.com...
Some of you have emailed me to ask about my (relative) absence from

Thanks, guys! It's been a great ride -- with no end in sight!

:-)
--
Jay & Mary Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

Looks the nuts!!!!!!!! Hope to visit you one day.

Bob Barker N8749S

Old May 18th 07, 01:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John T

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
oups.com

Some of you have emailed me to ask about my (relative) absence from
this group of late. I haven't posted much about flying since Sun N
Fun, simply because we haven't done any. Why?

See: http://www.alexisparkinn.com/new_lobby!.htm

The craftsmanship looks good and I like the color choices. Good job.

--
John T
http://sage1solutions.com/blogs/TknoFlyer

Old May 18th 07, 03:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

holy cow! that's quite a change (it looks great)

Thanks Bob -- and everyone. You should see it now, after we've
started to put all the artwork up. The place looked pretty sterile in
that video walk-through without our Sonerai prop mounted over the
check-in window!

:-)

The old lobby was a compromise, at best. It worked, and we had lots
of fun decorating it -- but it was never properly functional for a
hotel. Our new lobby is everything you would expect and want in an
area that can occasionally become quite popular.

I shudder to think what would have happened if we had not made our
deadline of finishing the lobby by U of I graduation. At one point
last Friday we had 70 people in the lobby/meeting room area --
imaagine funneling all of them through our temporary "closet"? (Or
even or old lobby?)

No rest for the wicked, though -- we've spent the last two days
getting the pool up and ready, and we've got at least another day to
go before it's ready to be re-filled. Ah, the "easy life of an
innkeeper" -- someday I want to experience it!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

asw-19 yahoo group?? other asw19 group? Jim Culp Soaring 1 February 11th 07 02:12 PM
What's up with this group lately? Judah Piloting 53 November 17th 06 04:18 PM
New to group Roger Wilco Home Built 2 September 4th 06 04:45 AM
TO THE GROUP Today's Curious Question Piloting 11 July 19th 04 04:16 PM
Suggestions from the Group please? Harriet and John Naval Aviation 3 November 14th 03 03:26 PM