Private pilot license

Old February 10th 06, 01:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Private pilot license

In article , Rachel
wrote:

You'd be surprised at how many guys are instantly turned off when I tell
them I'm a pilot.

How many pilots are turned off when you tell them you are a pilot?

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old February 10th 06, 02:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I don't have one....but read here because I'd like to get one
someday. I'm hoping all the experiences shared here by pilots
will make my eventual experience of getting in the air and
staying there much more enjoyable.

That's a good approach. I wish I had known about these groups, back when I
was training -- they're a great resource, and I've learned more here than in
all the years of hanging around airports.

Um, hmmm. Just dawned on me that perhaps they didn't exist? Hey, folks,
was Usenet here (as we know it now) in '94? I jumped in around '98-ish.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 10th 06, 02:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

You'd be surprised at how many guys are instantly turned off when I tell
them I'm a pilot. They assume I'm gay or that I'm going to cheat on them
with the other guys I fly with. Works both ways, I guess. Maybe I should
have waited until after I was married? Of course, then I would get
comments like, "Now why would you want to do something like that? Flying's
not easy, you know."

It's not always that way.

Mary (my wife) didn't learn to fly until '99, after we'd been married 14
years. (And we dated for NINE before that...) I didn't push her (well,
much!), but was thrilled when she went through the training and got her
ticket. And I really love always having a second pilot on board -- it makes
everything easier, less stressful, and safer.

BTW: Personally, I find female pilots irresistibly sexy!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 10th 06, 02:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

You are at a party, how con you tell who is a pilot?

Old February 10th 06, 03:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In article MD1Hf.547923$084.126821@attbi_s22,
"Jay Honeck" wrote:

Um, hmmm. Just dawned on me that perhaps they didn't exist? Hey, folks,
was Usenet here (as we know it now) in '94? I jumped in around '98-ish.

yep. rec.aviation existed and was split into the current groups prior to 1994.
I don't remember the exact year.

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old February 10th 06, 03:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jay Honeck wrote:
I don't have one....but read here because I'd like to get one
someday. I'm hoping all the experiences shared here by pilots
will make my eventual experience of getting in the air and
staying there much more enjoyable.

That's a good approach. I wish I had known about these groups, back when I
was training -- they're a great resource, and I've learned more here than in
all the years of hanging around airports.

Um, hmmm. Just dawned on me that perhaps they didn't exist? Hey, folks,
was Usenet here (as we know it now) in '94? I jumped in around '98-ish.

Been here since late 80's.
Michelle
Old February 10th 06, 05:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Hey, folks, was Usenet here (as we know it now) in '94?

I remember posting to deja.com before Google took over the newsgroups.
I think that happened around '98 or '99.