nVidia 8800 problems...

Old January 11th 07, 07:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

Default nVidia 8800 problems...

The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:
Trying to run FS2004 and FSX on an AMD 62FX machine with 2G RAM and 2
8800 cards. I keep getting wierd triangle artifacts on the out the
window view. I've tried several different drivers from the nVidia web
site and each seems to exhibit the same symptoms.

Is this a case of drivers not being able to keep up with the
hardware???

could be motherboard incompatibility; see

Old January 11th 07, 07:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

The OTHER Kevin in San Diego wrote:

Thanks for the link. I found out a lot of "interesting" things
researching this problem last night. I think these are gonna go back
an I'll pick up some 7950s instead..

sadly, yeah...I was keen on getting the latest and greatest too, but
I'll wait until they revise the board - if they can't the price of
8800's are going to drop like the 5000 fx series; also I have read that
ati is getting ready to release a card that games 20% faster than the
8800gtx, is fully sli crossfire compatible- maybe just return the
8800's and wait for a bit if you can.

GPS Problems near CHD.. Dan Piloting 7 August 7th 06 10:46 PM
GPS Reception Problems with 396 Dan Piloting 16 August 5th 06 04:01 AM
Need help for choosing Nvidia chipset for 3D by eDimentional Dave Herron Simulators 4 January 20th 05 02:39 AM
more radial fans like fw190? jt Military Aviation 51 August 28th 04 04:22 AM
Possible cure for the old Nvidia driver blues Dr. Anthony J. Lomenzo Simulators 1 April 1st 04 01:27 AM