Merry Christmas to all

Old December 24th 07, 06:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt W. Barrow

Default Merry Christmas to all

"muff528" wrote in message

"Matt W. Barrow" wrote in message
"muff528" wrote in message
newsOPbj.1951$nh7.269@trnddc01...

Happy Solstice!

(Boy! Holiday decorations are a bitch when you have to lug 20 ton
slabs around for a Stonehenge model!!). :~)
--
Matt Barrow
Performance Homes, LLC.

Couldn't you use concrete forms and pour them in place?

He's old school.

A lot of people have a family tradition of going out and cutting their
own stones. Of course that has given way to commercial stone cutters
peddling their rocks at the many solstice-stone stands that spring up
just before the holiday.

Some kits even have a reusable fake goat full of ketchup (catsup?) for
it's obvious use at zero-hour if your particular brand of paganism calls
for such observances.

I think you've hit on something that has caused my great consternation --
at our home, we sacrifice a virgin, but every year, when I plunge the
dagger into her heart, all the air leaks out.

Wow! That sure turned dark! Sacrifice?!? Who said anything about plunging
daggers into virgins, etc.!?! I was talking about those little
animal-shaped squeeze bottles used for squirting your favorite tasty
condiment on your french fries just as the sun reverses direction. Kinda
like toasting with a glass of champagne at the stroke of the new year in
some cultures. Of course, if you're a Brit you can substitute mayo for the
catchep and squeeze it all over your "chips".......just like the Druids
prolly did!

BTW - ".......when I plunge the dagger into her heart, all the air leaks
out." I don't believe I'd have said that. :-)

We take the solstice very seriously at our house, though the loud POP when I
use the dagger annoys the neighbors! :~)

Old December 24th 07, 07:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

"Matt W. Barrow" wrote:
"Jim Logajan" wrote in message
.. .
"Matt W. Barrow" wrote:
"Steve Foley" wrote in message
news Just checking in to see if things have gotten any better in r.a.p.
(They haven't).

Have a Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and probably the rest of
the 2008 holidays as well.

Happy Solstice!

(Boy! Holiday decorations are a bitch when you have to lug 20 ton
slabs around for a Stonehenge model!!). :~)

Happy solstice to you too Matt. Sorry to see you insist on building
full- scale. Next time consider one of these:

http://www.paperlandmarks.com/stonehenge.htm

It's 13 inches across! Kinda hard to have sacrificial ceremonies in
one of those! "~)

Consider using a mosquito as a sacrifice (but may be hard to come by one
this time of year in the northern latitudes). If you use one that's just
bitten you it may be more personally satisfying and appropriately bloody.
But you may need awfully tiny cuffs and "ropes". And I suppose you'd need a
magnifying glass too, to see what you'ere doing.