WinPilot locked up my Vertica 2 PNA - help!

Old January 1st 13, 03:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default WinPilot locked up my Vertica 2 PNA - help!

I've managed to lock my Vertica 2 PNA up with WinPilot, and can't get it un-frozen. Holding down the power button, even for an extended period doesn't do anything. Anyone know if there is a reset button?

If anyone else is trying to run WinPilot on a V2 in Landscape mode, DON'T launch the Declaration Transfer dialog! That particular dialog's 'OK' button is partially off-screen on the bottom and almost inaccessible. However, if you try to move the dialog up a bit so you can see/access the 'OK' button, it actually goes *DOWN*, and then the OK button isn't accessible at all, ever.

TIA,

Frank (TA)
Old January 1st 13, 04:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 7:31:37 AM UTC-8, wrote:
However, if you try to move the dialog up a bit so you can see/access the 'OK' button, it actually goes *DOWN*, and then the OK button isn't accessible at all, ever.

Frank (TA)

Reminds me of an early days MS-DOS LeadingEdge computer where you accidentally hit format and the screen says: "Format Drive C: - push any button to continue"

When you have no backup and your entire company customer database is on that damn computer, you do NOT want to push the ESC key. . . . I learned to hate computers from that.

bumper

Old January 1st 13, 04:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 11:07:39 AM UTC-5, bumper wrote:
On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 7:31:37 AM UTC-8, wrote:

However, if you try to move the dialog up a bit so you can see/access the 'OK' button, it actually goes *DOWN*, and then the OK button isn't accessible at all, ever.

Frank (TA)

Reminds me of an early days MS-DOS LeadingEdge computer where you accidentally hit format and the screen says: "Format Drive C: - push any button to continue"

When you have no backup and your entire company customer database is on that damn computer, you do NOT want to push the ESC key. . . . I learned to hate computers from that.

bumper

Yep - can't live with them, can't live without them ;-)

Frank

Old January 1st 13, 05:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 10:31:37 AM UTC-5, wrote:
I've managed to lock my Vertica 2 PNA up with WinPilot, and can't get it un-frozen. Holding down the power button, even for an extended period doesn't do anything. Anyone know if there is a reset button?

If anyone else is trying to run WinPilot on a V2 in Landscape mode, DON'T launch the Declaration Transfer dialog! That particular dialog's 'OK' button is partially off-screen on the bottom and almost inaccessible. However, if you try to move the dialog up a bit so you can see/access the 'OK' button, it actually goes *DOWN*, and then the OK button isn't accessible at all, ever.

TIA,

Frank (TA)

I couldn't find a hardware reset button at all, so I wound up disassembling the unit so I could unplug the battery, whereupon I found that the battery is *soldered* to the main PCB - Yikes!! Had to un-solder the B+ lead, then re-solder it to get the thing to reset. VERY scary :-(

Frank (TA)
Old January 1st 13, 05:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 10:31:37 AM UTC-5, wrote:
I've managed to lock my Vertica 2 PNA up with WinPilot, and can't get it un-frozen.

I hope that you're not using your smartphone to post this from the air. You're on the ground right? Right?

Old January 1st 13, 08:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom Kelley #711

On Tuesday, January 1, 2013 8:31:37 AM UTC-7, wrote:
I've managed to lock my Vertica 2 PNA up with WinPilot, and can't get it un-frozen. Holding down the power button, even for an extended period doesn't do anything. Anyone know if there is a reset button?

On the back of the V2, is a very small hole. Not where the speaker holes are, but the opposite side. Using a very small wire, insert and then push the reset
button. Just like you would do on a IPAQ.

BUT the V2 stylist will not work as it doesn't go in deep enough. Which requires a small wire. Mine resets with no problem doing this.

Also, go to the Oudie Naviter site and theirs a good picture their.

#711.