Gift for Airforce academy student

Old June 13th 05, 02:28 AM
Drew Cutter

Default Gift for Airforce academy student

Any suggestion on what to get a (gift)for a future airforce academy
student who plans are to be professional pilot some day ? (graduated
this year from high school ) . I'm not a pilot , just a friend of the
family.
Old June 13th 05, 05:40 AM
Montblack

("Drew Cutter" wrote)
Any suggestion on what to get a (gift)for a future airforce academy
student who plans are to be professional pilot some day ? (graduated this
year from high school ) . I'm not a pilot , just a friend of the family.

1 year subscription to a flying magazine.
2 year subscription to a flying magazine.

2 magazine subsriptions.

Tell him/her you'll go in for (x) subscriptions if (s)he'll tell you what
(s)he wants.

Smithsonian's Air&Space Magazine is good.
Flying
Plane&Pilot
....and more

Or, buy the young student pilot an hour of "acro time" at his/her home
airport.
http://www.aviationbanter.com/showthread.php?mode=hybrid&t=15081

Just some thoughts...

Montblack

Old June 13th 05, 01:12 PM
Stephen N Mills

Membership in the ACLU.

Old June 13th 05, 03:41 PM
GEG

Financial planning courses.
Or, how to fund your own retirement account. . .

Seriously, the "Flying" magazine is great subscription.
It has more usable information than many other of the
piloting related periodicals.

However, an AOPA subscription would be great, too.
Note that they cover many topics regarding employment
in their main magazine (I get both AOPA Pilot and AOPA Student
magazines).

Best of luck!
Old June 13th 05, 11:03 PM
dave

Go to the website and order some Air Force Academy stuff.
http://airforcesports.nmnathletics.c.../SellHome.dbml

My uncle was in the first class at the Air Force Academy, 1959. He had
some very interesting stories. One odd thing, there weren't any
upperclassmen. Imagine going to college for four years and there
aren't any students more senior than you.

Dave
68 7ECA

Old June 14th 05, 12:05 AM
Montblack

("dave" wrote)
Go to the website and order some Air Force Academy stuff.
http://airforcesports.nmnathletics.c.../SellHome.dbml

IMHO, I think that kind of stuff should have some student history behind it.
Since he isn't there yet, (though he has been accepted) I'd concentrate on
him - not the institution he's going to be attending.

We just sent off $25, $25 and $10 to three different graduates. Money works
too :-)

Montblack

Old June 14th 05, 02:04 AM
Bob Fry

"DC" == Drew Cutter writes:

DC Any suggestion on what to get a (gift)for a future airforce
DC academy student who plans are to be professional pilot some
DC day ? (graduated this year from high school ) . I'm not a
DC pilot , just a friend of the family.

If a man, a good criminal defense lawyer against charges of rape.
If a woman, a good civil suit lawyer for sexual harrasment charges.
Old June 14th 05, 02:53 AM
Wizard of Draws

On 6/12/05 9:28 PM, in article , "Drew
Cutter" spewed:

Any suggestion on what to get a (gift)for a future airforce academy
student who plans are to be professional pilot some day ? (graduated
this year from high school ) . I'm not a pilot , just a friend of the
family.

A silk scarf.
--
Jeff 'The Wizard of Draws' Bucchino

Cartoons with a Touch of Magic
http://www.wizardofdraws.com

More Cartoons with a Touch of Magic
http://www.cartoonclipart.com

Old June 14th 05, 06:22 AM
Victor J. Osborne, Jr.

Buy my Breitling special "Top Gun" edition. Serial Number 246 of 500.

Gold rim/ White face. Gold & Stainless band. Sorry if I violated the rules.

--

Thx, {|;-)

Victor J. (Jim) Osborne, Jr.

VOsborne2 at charter dot net

Old June 20th 05, 03:43 PM

Drew Cutter wrote:
Any suggestion on what to get a (gift)for a future airforce academy
student who plans are to be professional pilot some day ? (graduated
this year from high school ) . I'm not a pilot , just a friend of the
family.

Flying lessons... THIS SUMMER! Yes, at your local airport.

I've sent freshmen to the USAFA with a completed CFI-GLider... they
got to teach UPPER-CLASSMEN to fly gliders!

I've gotten to deliver my CAP cadets to USAFA checkin... to the USAFA
airport. What a way to arrive at USAFA! Note... this takes 6 months
of letter writing to get written permission... but, it is doable. :-)

Best regards,

LtCol Jer/ Eberhard, Colorado Wing Checkpilot (airplanes and gliders),
Assistant Glider Program Manager, Colorado Wing, CAP

--
LtCol Jer/ Eberhard, CO-Wing, Thompson Valley CS., Ft Collins, CO
CELL/VM: 970 231-6325, CELL Message: 9702316325'at'mobile.att.net