Need a measurement on an LS-8

Old May 14th 16, 02:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark628CA

Default Need a measurement on an LS-8

I have a customer who ordered a wing wheel for an LS-8. I have a wing profile template, but I need a measurement from the ground to the bottom of the wing at a position with a 29 inch chord so I can determine how tall the wheel fork needs to be. I tried to calculate it from the 3-view drawing in the manual, but it would be nice to have actual measurements to back up my estimate. Any help would be appreciated. Contact me though email: mark (at) mmfabrication (dot) com.

Thanks.
Old May 14th 16, 06:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Carlyle

Mark, I can't rig my glider today because of weather. But if it helps, my wing stand, which is non-adjustable, measures 41" from the ground to the bottom of the wing.

If you'd like, I can make measurements on my Cobra wing wheel later toady.

-John, Q3

Old May 14th 16, 07:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Carlyle

Mark,

The deluge is going to start again, so I made some measurements of my Cobra wing wheel for you. It looks like the one on this page: http://www.cobratrailer.com/?page_id=1249&lang=en

From the bottom of the wheel to the bottom of the cuff is 30 inches (with the wheel strut vertical). The inside of the cuff from front to back is 21"

Hope this helps. Hopefully someone will send you the measurements you ask for on an assembled LS-9...

Measurement of CofG Artiom M Soaring 32 January 16th 12 11:23 PM
fuel flow measurement khanindra jyoti deka Home Built 0 January 5th 05 04:34 AM
TAS measurement Bravo Delta Piloting 4 June 30th 04 11:55 PM
Time Measurement for Inspections O. Sami Saydjari Owning 15 April 7th 04 05:26 AM
units of measurement on altimeters Pat Norton Piloting 30 March 21st 04 06:00 AM