A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Need a measurement on an LS-8

Old May 14th 16, 02:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark628CA
external usenet poster

Default Need a measurement on an LS-8

I have a customer who ordered a wing wheel for an LS-8. I have a wing profile template, but I need a measurement from the ground to the bottom of the wing at a position with a 29 inch chord so I can determine how tall the wheel fork needs to be. I tried to calculate it from the 3-view drawing in the manual, but it would be nice to have actual measurements to back up my estimate. Any help would be appreciated. Contact me though email: mark (at) mmfabrication (dot) com.

Thanks.
Old May 14th 16, 06:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Carlyle
external usenet poster

Mark, I can't rig my glider today because of weather. But if it helps, my wing stand, which is non-adjustable, measures 41" from the ground to the bottom of the wing.

If you'd like, I can make measurements on my Cobra wing wheel later toady.

-John, Q3

On Saturday, May 14, 2016 at 9:01:45 AM UTC-4, Mark628CA wrote:
I have a customer who ordered a wing wheel for an LS-8. I have a wing profile template, but I need a measurement from the ground to the bottom of the wing at a position with a 29 inch chord so I can determine how tall the wheel fork needs to be. I tried to calculate it from the 3-view drawing in the manual, but it would be nice to have actual measurements to back up my estimate. Any help would be appreciated. Contact me though email: mark (at) mmfabrication (dot) com.

Thanks.

Old May 14th 16, 07:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Carlyle
external usenet poster

Mark,

The deluge is going to start again, so I made some measurements of my Cobra wing wheel for you. It looks like the one on this page: http://www.cobratrailer.com/?page_id=1249&lang=en

From the bottom of the wheel to the bottom of the cuff is 30 inches (with the wheel strut vertical). The inside of the cuff from front to back is 21"

Hope this helps. Hopefully someone will send you the measurements you ask for on an assembled LS-9...

-John, Q3

On Saturday, May 14, 2016 at 9:01:45 AM UTC-4, Mark628CA wrote:

Thanks.