TSA procedures = More light aviation customers?

Old November 22nd 10, 09:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.military
David E. Powell

Default TSA procedures = More light aviation customers?

I am wondering if more people will get into light planes? Purchase at
entry levels, rentals, maybe "Net Jet" or "eCar" type rental clubs for
light planes and light twins? People who can avoid the controversial
new stuff - not to mention the radiation of the scanners and the whole
time delay - might mean more light plane buyers.

After all, if delays at both ends will add a couple hours to the fight
each way, it might be worth it to get in your own plane, or a rental
plane, and have the same amount of time actually spent on the journey,
but all the time being in the air with less inconvenience on the
ground.
Old November 22nd 10, 09:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.military
jan olieslagers[_2_]

Op 22/11/2010 20:12, David E. Powell schreef:
I am wondering if more people will get into light planes?

(...)

And WHAT is the relevancy to homebuilding?
Old November 22nd 10, 09:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.military
Daryl Hunt[_2_]

On 11/22/2010 1:12 PM, David E. Powell wrote:
I am wondering if more people will get into light planes? Purchase at
entry levels, rentals, maybe "Net Jet" or "eCar" type rental clubs for
light planes and light twins? People who can avoid the controversial
new stuff - not to mention the radiation of the scanners and the whole
time delay - might mean more light plane buyers.

After all, if delays at both ends will add a couple hours to the fight
each way, it might be worth it to get in your own plane, or a rental
plane, and have the same amount of time actually spent on the journey,
but all the time being in the air with less inconvenience on the
ground.

Then they will start doing it heavily for private light flights.
If a lot of people start doing this, I am sure that the TSA
will adjust because they have to.

Old November 23rd 10, 03:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.military
David E. Powell

On Nov 22, 3:23*pm, jan olieslagers
wrote:
Op 22/11/2010 20:12, David E. Powell schreef:

I am wondering if more people will get into light planes?

(...)

And WHAT is the relevancy to homebuilding?

Because kit planes are a less expensive way for many to enter the
aviation world. Also used kit planes that get on the market.

Sorry my email bounced, so I posted this here.
Old November 24th 10, 09:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.military
Bug Dout

"David E. Powell" writes:

I am wondering if more people will get into light planes?

Very unlikely, I doubt it will be noticeable. The entry cost/committment
to light planes is extremely high, compared to putting up with a body
scan.
--
The most heinous and the cruelest crimes of which history has record
have been committed under the cover of religion or equally noble