Push to connect tubing connectors

Old January 24th 16, 05:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill (BT)

Default Push to connect tubing connectors

Push to connect (ptc) fittings have been around for several years and are becoming very popular for general plumbing. I decided to try them for panel plumbing on the Duck Hawk since space is limited behind the panel. I also used small diameter tubing since I have no flow based instruments. The results were better than expected. Tubing clutter is completely gone since the tubing is about the same size as electrical wiring and the hook up is fast, just cut the tubing and push it into the connector. The bonus is that the tubing releases just as quickly by pressing the release ring and pulling out the tubing. You can use 1/8" or 3/16" o.d. tubing for pressure based instruments. I tested 50' of 1/8" o.d. tubing with my asi and found little to no delay in readings. I am still using the 1/4" o.d. nylon tubing coming into the cockpit but have inserted a gas filter at the step down from 1/4" to 1/8" to prevent clogging of the smaller tubing. I have tested the panel and it was airtight on the first test.

These fittings are widely available and come in many sizes and configurations (I got mine on Amazon). They also have nice manifolds (see photo link) which allow you to send a separate line to each instrument instead of Daisy chaining them together which makes for fewer connections and is easier to work on individual instruments.

https://btgliders.shutterfly.com/

lx colibri connect to pna dudescuman Soaring 0 December 19th 12 04:53 PM
Twist-on BNC connectors Jim Stewart Owning 13 January 19th 08 05:05 PM
Battery Connectors Paul Remde Soaring 1 September 15th 06 09:46 PM
Battery Connectors Paul Remde Soaring 9 April 9th 06 06:39 PM
CONNECT THESE DOTS Cribsheet Piloting 1 November 17th 04 08:31 PM