Back to the present with - This Week 00.jpg (0/1)

Old May 23rd 08, 02:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
RustY© RustY© is offline
Banned

Default Back to the present with - This Week 00.jpg (0/1)

These Typhoons are flying about with a spare seat - I'm sure that they
could fund the flights if they took passengers. And spot the mistake on
Picture No2.
Old May 23rd 08, 03:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Pensacola Beachcomber

Super pictures. I'm going to have to get a link to a site that explains the
rondel colors. You're the only one consistently putting up photos of
Typhoons. Thanks.
Didn't see a mistake on Picture number two unless it's the fact the pilot
forgot to let his wizzo get in before taking off, Tom in Pensacola

53...

Old May 23rd 08, 06:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

On Fri, 23 May 2008 13:22:05 GMT, "RustY©" wrote:

These Typhoons are flying about with a spare seat - I'm sure that they
could fund the flights if they took passengers. And spot the mistake on
Picture No2.

Don't know why! But the Hawks? have an empty back seat !
I expect that someone had to take the photo's?
Regards,
VianAlky

Excellent pictures and is it Wales that is nice?
Old May 23rd 08, 07:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Indrek Aavisto Indrek Aavisto is offline
Banned

Did someone forget to replace the fuel filler cap?

Cheers,

Indrek Aavisto

--
Criticism is easy; achievement is difficult. W.S. Churchill

Old May 23rd 08, 10:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
John Meyer

Default Can you describe your method?

In article ,
"RustY©" wrote:

These Typhoons are flying about with a spare seat - I'm sure that they
could fund the flights if they took passengers. And spot the mistake on
Picture No2.

Rusty, I'm always impressed with your photos. Clearly you have an
excellent spot from which to shoot! I'm curious: do you set up a tripod
and pan that way or are these hand held? What focal lengths are typical?
ISO & shutter?

Thanks,
John
Old May 24th 08, 09:31 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
RustY ©

"John Meyer" wrote in message

......do you set up a tripod
and pan that way or are these hand held? What focal lengths are typical?
ISO & shutter?

Thanks,
John

I don't use a tripod because the aircraft all come through on different
lines and it is not easy to pan, tilt and twist the camera at the same
time - even with a ball-head. I tried a monopod once and took it off after
two passes as I was missing the shots so I always hold the camera. I don't
hold the it all day though, it weighs a few kilos and has no strap on it
(they just get in the way or catch on things and tug the camera out of your
hand) so it sits in the bag or on the grass.
I use two lenses up the hill at the moment, a 300mm f2.8 and the 100-400
zoom. Both Canon of course with the 40D body. I try to use 100ASA where
possible but usually 200ASA because Wales is not California and 400-800ASA
during very cloudy conditions but then only if I am expecting something
special through, otherwise I pack it in for the day. The file info is saved
on the photographs so all you need to do is - download the file to a folder,
right click on it and select properties. You will see something like
this..............

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Properties-01.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	25940
Old May 24th 08, 02:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Twydell

In message , Indrek
Aavisto writes
Did someone forget to replace the fuel filler cap?

Cheers,

Indrek Aavisto

Why can I see only the replies and not the original posts? Same in the
next two threads from RustY© as well.
--
Peter

Ying tong iddle-i po!
Old May 24th 08, 03:43 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
RustY ©

"Peter Twydell" wrote in message

Why can I see only the replies and not the original posts? Same in the
next two threads from RustY© as well.

Looks like a retention problem with your news host (Demon). They are still
showing here on Virgin.