Why did Bush join the national guard?

Old September 5th 04, 09:36 PM
Thomas J. Paladino Jr.

"ArtKramr" wrote in message
Subject: Why did Bush join the national guard?
From: Mike Dargan
Date: 9/5/2004 12:31 PM Pacific Standard Time

ArtKramr wrote:

Why did Bush join the National Guard instrae do the Army, Navy or Air

Force?
why?

At that time, TANG was a safe place to baby sit the children of
privilege who were burdened by poor scores on military aptitude tests.
I don't fault Bush's parents for buying their kid's way into the
champaign squadron. It's important that the best and the brightest
conserve their genes for future generations.

Can you imagine the disaster if the shrub had been given hazardous duty
which caused him to be disabled or killed before having the chance to
breed and produce equally brilliant offspring? Where would we be
without Jenna and Barbara?

Cheers

--mike

I think about Bush and am glad he was never around to fight with the 344th
although he would have gotten out of combat missions by hook or by crook.
especially crook. The resrves was the standard hiding place for the neocon
rich, and poweful.

At first I thought that you just disliked Bush. Then I thought you were a
little obsessive and had too much time on your hands. Now I see that you
are, unfortunately, totally insane.

Are you forgetting that the elder Bush actually fought in WWII as a pilot
and was actually shot down in combat? He was rich and powerful, but chose to
serve in the best way he could, just like George W. And I also wasn't aware
that the 'neocon' bogeymen were around back in WWII also. Which kind of
leads me to believe that you have no idea what a 'neocon' even is. Which
also leads me to believe that you are probably talking out your ass 99% of
the time anyway.

Old September 5th 04, 09:44 PM
ArtKramr

From: "Thomas J. Paladino Jr."
Date: 9/5/2004 1:17 PM Pacific Standard Time

From: "George Z. Bush"
am
Date: 9/5/2004 12:33 PM Pacific Standard Time
Jack G wrote:
OK Art, tell that to a combat Marine - face to face. If all that

happens
is
he asks you where you fought - and then laughs in your face when you

tell
him you will be a very lucky man.
Jack G.

Just for the record, Jack, during WWII, the 8th Air Force sustained more
casualties over Europe than the entire United States Marine Corps did
world-wide
throughout the entire war. If you don't believe me, just ask Google the
right
questions and they'll provide the same answer that I just did....I know
because
I've already done it.

George Z.

That's just the 8th. Then add the 9th and the 15th and all the air forces

in
the Pacific and you have a total that makes air duty the most hazardous in

the
history of of warfare. Wanna live? Join anything but the Air Forces.. Or

fly
B-52's over Iraq. Or do what Bush did. which was nothing.

You mean, 'which was fly a dangerous, difficult, occasionally explosive,
1950's vintage supersonic interceptor for 3 years.'

Piece of cake compared ot a B-26 Marauder. Check rhe records. And what did you
fly?

Arthur Kramer
344th BG 494th BS
Visit my WW II B-26 website at:
http://www.coastcomp.com/artkramer

Old September 5th 04, 09:47 PM
ArtKramr

From: "Thomas J. Paladino Jr."
Date: 9/5/2004 1:36 PM Pacific Standard Time

From: Mike Dargan

Date: 9/5/2004 12:31 PM Pacific Standard Time

ArtKramr wrote:

[...]

I was talking about the young Bush, our present president asshole.

Old September 5th 04, 09:51 PM
Kevin Brooks

"ArtKramr" wrote in message

snip

I was talking about the young Bush, our present president asshole.

Does the use of such terminology make you at least feel more like a real
man? That would be the fellow who is some ten or eleven points ahead of your
fellow in the current polls, right? The same guy who has the same veterans
benefits you have?

Brooks

Arthur Kramer

Old September 5th 04, 09:52 PM
Thomas J. Paladino Jr.

From: "Thomas J. Paladino Jr."
Date: 9/5/2004 1:17 PM Pacific Standard Time

From: "George Z. Bush"
am
Date: 9/5/2004 12:33 PM Pacific Standard Time
Jack G wrote:
[...]

I wasn't even alive until 1977.

And as far as I know, nobody was flying B26's during the Vietnam era. So try
to compare apples to apples. At the time, the F102 was a far more perilous
aircraft than many of the others flying at the time.

Old September 5th 04, 09:56 PM
ArtKramr

From: "Kevin Brooks"
Date: 9/5/2004 1:09 PM Pacific Standard Time

"George Z. Bush" wrote in message
Jack G wrote:
OK Art, tell that to a combat Marine - face to face. If all that

happens is
he asks you where you fought - and then laughs in your face when you

tell
him you will be a very lucky man.
Jack G.

Just for the record, Jack, during WWII, the 8th Air Force sustained more
casualties over Europe than the entire United States Marine Corps did

world-wide
throughout the entire war. If you don't believe me, just ask Google the

right
questions and they'll provide the same answer that I just did....I know

because
I've already done it.

You must have done it wrong. "Half of the U.S. Army Air Forces' casualties
in World War II were suffered by Eighth Air Force (more than 47,000
casualties with more than 26,000 dead)."
(
http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...y/usaf/8af.htm )

USMC casualties for the war totalled some ninety thousand, out of some 669K
who served in the USMC. Last I heard 90K was more than 47K. True, more 8th
AF personnel *died* in combat than Marines, but that is not what you said.

Your use of "casualty" is normally inclusive of wounded, deaths due to other
than combat causes, and MIA.

Brooks

George Z.

And exactly what is your combat experience wannabee? Marines? Air Corps? A desk
in the states? Anything at all?

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
George W. Bush Abortion Scandal that should have been Psalm 110 Military Aviation 0 August 12th 04 09:40 AM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM