Boeing 747 & 777 autoland in crosswind certification video - impressive!

Old November 7th 05, 11:14 PM
Matt Whiting

Default Video playback problems -- Problem Solved? (Was: Boeing 747& 777 autoland in crosswind certification video - impressive!)

Garner Miller wrote:

In article FbIbf.527767$_o.75399@attbi_s71, Jay Honeck
wrote:

Please try them again, and let me know if they work for you now...

That did it! .mpg and .mpeg files are now properly reporting their
file type, and are playing fine.

I first tried it, and it didn't work. So I checked with
http://web-sniffer.net/ and it reported the content-type *correctly*
this time (it's the same check I did last night). Knowing that, I
cleared the browser cache in Firefox, and now it's working like a
champ. Good work!

Yep, I seem to be OK now as well, however, it did break RealPlayer.
However, I uninstalled RealPlayer and went back to QuickTime and all
seems right with the world.

Thanks,
Matt
Old November 7th 05, 11:16 PM
Matt Whiting

George Patterson wrote:

Jay Honeck wrote:

OK, this time for sure!

I checked several. Files like the Tbird crash and supersonic flyby now
display just fine. Under the bridge still comes down with the extra mp4
extension and will not display.

I just tried it and got the mpeg.mp2 extension and it played just fine.

Matt
Old November 8th 05, 01:54 AM
Peter R.

Matt Whiting wrote:

However, I uninstalled RealPlayer and went back to QuickTime and all
seems right with the world.

If only the world were that simple.

--
Peter

Old November 8th 05, 05:11 AM
Peter Duniho

"Jose" wrote in message
[...] This does have the effect of "making their competitors appear
inferior", though that's not the intent I percieve.

It's not the intent I perceive either, and the question here is intent, not
result.

Old November 8th 05, 05:31 AM
Jose

It's not the intent I perceive either, and the question here is intent, not
result.

Uh.... they intend the result, even if they don't intend the result.

That is to say (before somebody quotes this as the mark of a moron - I
may be a moron but that's not my mark...) they intend to dominate the
desktop and obliterate the competition. They don't care how they do it.
They may =intend= to do so by co-opting the file formats and making
people who don't use Microsoft Products not fare well (e.g. those who
program Java will tend to use the Microsoft extensions because they are
common though nonstandard, but they won't show up in competing
platforms, but who cares - there aren't enough of them...)

This has the intended effect of causing people to buy Microsoft products
(they sort of have to) and the unintended effect of making Microsoft
appear superior (because nonstandard but common stuff works with
Microsoft but not the competing =standard= platforms)

Microsoft likes the unintended effect.

There is plausible deniability.

Jose
--
He who laughs, lasts.
Old November 8th 05, 08:43 AM
customairmodels customairmodels is offline
Junior Member

i always get those problems when downloading video. i always stick to mpg or mpeg

www.customairmodels.com
immortalize your baby. get a custom built model of your aircraft

----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----[/quote]
Old November 8th 05, 02:37 PM
AJ

You're right -- I love it!

Old November 8th 05, 02:39 PM
AJ

Try cleaning your cache and then your registry.

AJ

Old November 8th 05, 02:41 PM
Jay Honeck

Try cleaning your cache and then your registry.

I understand the cache, but how does one clean the registry?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old November 8th 05, 04:04 PM
George Patterson

Jay Honeck wrote:

I understand the cache, but how does one clean the registry?

I use a product called "RegCleaner." It's of limited use to me, though, because
I don't know what a lot of the programs listed actually are. I periodically
check for new items, though, and delete any I don't recall installing.

George Patterson
Drink is the curse of the land. It makes you quarrel with your neighbor.
It makes you shoot at your landlord. And it makes you miss him.