control locks were still locked when the aircraft took off ( Video-Footage )

Old April 3rd 06, 12:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default control locks were still locked when the aircraft took off ( Video-Footage )

An excellent reminder that there really are good reasons to do a
thorough preflight and to make sure the controls are free. This
happened just north of Winnipeg, and the aircraft was the first version
with PT-6-67 Turboprops. The Canadian DOT concluded that the control
locks were still locked when the aircraft took off.
http://www.jumpingpixels.com/turboprops.html

Old April 3rd 06, 02:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

As I recall the guy shooting the video was the co-pilot's father. They
were working to get an STC for an engine mod.

-Robert

Old April 3rd 06, 10:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

In a previous article, Scott D said:
Sounded like he was more concerned for the engine mod then for his son
from the way he made the comment "I can not believe it.... It's all
over" on the video if thats the case.

I imagine watching your son die is pretty shocking and disorienting. I
wouldn't want to be judged on what I said immediately after it happened,
myself.

--
Paul Tomblin http://xcski.com/blogs/pt/
The superior pilot uses his superior judgement to avoid situations in which he
Old April 3rd 06, 10:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Paul Tomblin wrote:

In a previous article, Scott D said:
Sounded like he was more concerned for the engine mod then for his son
from the way he made the comment "I can not believe it.... It's all
over" on the video if thats the case.

I imagine watching your son die is pretty shocking and disorienting. I
wouldn't want to be judged on what I said immediately after it happened,
myself.

Also keep in mind that the clip was edited right at that point, so any
comment that followed was not included.

--
Peter
Old April 4th 06, 02:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

I wonder what makes these idiots think that because we are involved in
aviation, we are interested in the gory details of every accident.

Sure hope there is no limit on the number of folks that I can put in my kill
file.

Bob Gardner

oups.com...

Old April 4th 06, 03:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Bob,
Some of us learn well from other's mistakes. This video is an important
reminder to not get distracted (these pilots were test pilots seeking
an STC for an engine mod). Leaving the control locks on should serve as
a reminder to all of us. However, if this is not your preferred method
of learning, there is no need for you to follow the thread.

-Robert, CFI

Old April 6th 06, 07:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

"Robert M. Gary" wrote:

Some of us learn well from other's mistakes.

snip

Perhaps Bob's objection is the fact that this particular person is actually
stealing video content from another site and placing it on his website,
then posting the links here for no other reason than to generate hits to
his website to increase advertising revenue?

Well, OK, so maybe I am putting words on his keyboard, but it is my
objection.

--
Peter