Bin Laden may have been located.

Old February 22nd 04, 04:28 AM
Eric Moore

Default Bin Laden may have been located.

There's a report that Osama Bin Laden may have been found. See:

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...55E401,00.html

The report mentions that helicopters (Military Aviation content!)
based
in Afganistan may be used to go after him.
Old February 22nd 04, 06:41 AM
Sunny

Why don't we invite CNN to all Ops planning and orders groups, or
alternatively put all enemy units on a distribution list for all
correspondence etc ?
(or do some clowns refuse to believe that "others" read the Western Meeja?

om...

Old February 22nd 04, 06:50 AM
Dave Kearton

"Sunny" wrote in message
| Why don't we invite CNN to all Ops planning and orders groups, or
| alternatively put all enemy units on a distribution list for all
| correspondence etc ?
| (or do some clowns refuse to believe that "others" read the Western Meeja?
|
| "Eric Moore" wrote in message
| om...
| There's a report that Osama Bin Laden may have been found. See:

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au...55E401,00.html

| The report mentions that helicopters (Military Aviation content!)
| based
| in Afganistan may be used to go after him.

Because CNN's speculation isn't any more accurate than anybody else's.
The story may even be a deliberate fabrication to throw Osama off the trail
(pardon the pun)

Personally, I can't understand how you can keep an eye on someone with a
satellite - bald spots are about as generic as bathtowels. For all we
know, a special forces platoon might be staking out Osama's favourite
donkey, seize that and you'll force him out in the open.

Works as well as any other strategy ...

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old February 22nd 04, 09:56 AM
Krztalizer

Osama has sworn not to be
taken alive and is probably surrounded by a truly hard core bunch of
dead-enders that will go out shooting.

Yeah, he'll go down fighting like Saddam did - "Don't shoot! I want my lawyer!
Parlayyyy!!"

Old February 22nd 04, 03:12 PM
Stephen Harding

Dav1936531 wrote:

I bet that Osama is not taken alive, but it would be funny as hell if he was
because it sure would make all his underling wanna-be suicide bombers look like
a bunch of deluded brain washed stooges. The "GREAT OSAMA" gets his chance to
become a martyr, and chickens out.

I agree with you. OBL probably won't be caught alive, but I
think it would be a real coup for the anti-terror cause if he
were.

I wouldn't be disappointed if he were allowed to "commit
suicide" in his jail cell by hanging from his head wrap a
few months after capture though.

SMH

Old February 22nd 04, 03:52 PM
BUFDRVR