Jeppesen- no more Express Packs?

Old December 1st 03, 08:11 PM
Colin Kingsbury

Default Jeppesen- no more Express Packs?

Just stopped by my friendly local chart agent and they told me that Jeppesen
isn't offering dealer pricing anymore, so the only way I can get Jepp plates
is through a subscription.

AFAICT from their site, my only option (I'm based at BED near BOS) is to buy
a subscription that covers the Eastern half of the country at an annual cost
of $500ish. Or of course switch to NOAA plates, which i don't like nearly as
much.

Am I the only one who's hearing this?

Best,
-cwk.

Old December 1st 03, 09:01 PM
Ron Natalie

"Colin Kingsbury" wrote in message k.net...

AFAICT from their site, my only option (I'm based at BED near BOS) is to buy
a subscription that covers the Eastern half of the country at an annual cost
of $500ish. Or of course switch to NOAA plates, which i don't like nearly as
much.

Smaller areas are available. And the airway express is still available direct from jepp.

Old December 1st 03, 11:01 PM
Gary L. Drescher

"Colin Kingsbury" wrote in message
k.net...
Just stopped by my friendly local chart agent and they told me that

Jeppesen
isn't offering dealer pricing anymore, so the only way I can get Jepp

plates
is through a subscription.

AFAICT from their site, my only option (I'm based at BED near BOS) is to

buy
a subscription that covers the Eastern half of the country at an annual

cost
of $500ish. Or of course switch to NOAA plates, which i don't like nearly

as
much.

Am I the only one who's hearing this?

Nope. I've just switched to the NOS plates for that reason. They're much
better than they used to be, now that they have a Jepp-like briefing strip.

--Gary

Best,
-cwk.

Old December 2nd 03, 07:18 PM
John T

"Colin Kingsbury" wrote in message
k.net

Just stopped by my friendly local chart agent and they told me that
Jeppesen isn't offering dealer pricing anymore, so the only way I can
get Jepp plates is through a subscription.

The Jeppesen rep I talked to mentioned that they did change their dealer
policies a bit and that some dealers are opting not to sell the packages,
but the Airway Manual Express packs are still made available to dealers and
individuals.

AFAICT from their site, my only option (I'm based at BED near BOS) is
to buy a subscription that covers the Eastern half of the country at
an annual cost of $500ish. Or of course switch to NOAA plates, which
i don't like nearly as much.

Not quite true, either. This link (http://tinyurl.com/xe87) takes you to
the Jeppesen Airway Manual Express page that shows the Northeast package as
your best option. Just call them (toll-free from the US) to order your
package. Subscription or trip kits are available.

Am I the only one who's hearing this?

No, you're not, but it would appear that the rumor isn't true.

--
John T
http://tknowlogy.com/tknoFlyer

Old December 2nd 03, 10:41 PM
SFM

I have an express pack subscription for what I use the most. I would then go
to the friendly local shop to get what I needed when I would fly into those
areas, but I have been told the same with one exception. The express packs
single issues are available from Jep directly. I ordered a couple of the
ones I needed from Spinners which drops ships them from Jep at a discount.
So try them for what you need.

Scott

Catch the wave!
www.hamwave.com

**"A long time ago being crazy meant something, nowadays everyone is
crazy" -- Charles Manson**