Request for Presentations to Introduce Soaring to Others

Old April 1st 14, 03:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Request for Presentations to Introduce Soaring to Others

I have been asked to present to the local EAA chapter this Friday for an hour and talk about soaring. I can think of worse assignments! Hopefully it can inspire a few of the pilots who attend to come over to the dark side and check out motorless flight. I know that for most of them hearing silence is considered a bad thing...

Instead of creating something from scratch, I am sure many others have given what is soaring presentations before and it would be hugely helpful if I could piggyback off of your past efforts.

If you have a powerpoint or helpful diagrams/images that would help to tell the soaring story I would love to hear from you.

It seems like the SSA and Grow Soaring should have presentations available to help members promote the sport. I am happy to share mine with anyone after this one gets done.

Thanks in advance!
Bruno Vassel - B4

Oh yeah - The Nephi OLC event is stuffed full (will be largest soaring event of 2014 in USA!) but there is still room for the Nephi Region 9 Contest in August if you hurry!
Old April 1st 14, 04:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Good evening, Bruno. For the past several years I have had the privilege of being invited to local schools to do presentations on Soaring. Thanks to the help of the nice folks at SSA I was provided with an excellent DVD entitled "Out and Return". This DVD runs about 21 minutes and shows a nice flight with Bill Liscomb out of Warner Springs, California. It provides highlights of glider assembly, takeoff, a cross-country flight and some really cool landing shots as well. I've also passed out copies of the SSA booklet entitled "Soaring in America". A nice keepsake that everyone can take home with them.

If you dread having to talk AND be entertaining for a whole hour, the DVD is well done, entertaining and is certainly more interesting than me talking.. The Teachers at the schools have been really interested too so I know that it works adults as well.

Good luck and have fun with it!

Brian K. Lott
Old April 1st 14, 01:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill Elliott

I think I had have something... Will contact you via email.

Bill
Old April 2nd 14, 12:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

I sell most soaring videos he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/videos.htm

I have Out & Return in stock:
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/videos.htm#OutAndReturn

My favorite film for promoting soaring is:
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/video...ring-JohnRoake

Or the full-length version:
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/video...born-Champions

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

"gotovkotzepkoi" wrote in message

;856147 Wrote:
[...]

Brian, any idea where one can buy this film online? Thanks

--
gotovkotzepkoi

Old April 2nd 14, 01:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I have a 14 slide PPT produced by the Columbia Basin Soaring Association that you are welcome to. Basic but its easy to expand on, depending on your audience. I've used it at a couple of presentations I was asked to do. If you want it contact me at mdfaddenatgmaildotcom.
Old April 2nd 14, 04:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hi Bruno. Given the time constraints you might try giving Rhonda Copeland a call at SSA and see if she can overnight a copy to you. If she can't help you out, please contact me direct at flyingbrianlott@yahoo dot com. I'll overnight my copy to you but will need it back for next year's presentations.

Brian K. Lott
Old April 2nd 14, 06:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, April 2, 2014 9:35:01 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Hi Bruno. Given the time constraints you might try giving Rhonda Copeland a call at SSA and see if she can overnight a copy to you. If she can't help you out, please contact me direct at flyingbrianlott@yahoo dot com. I'll overnight my copy to you but will need it back for next year's presentations.

Brian K. Lott

Thanks so much for the kind offer Brian. I only have about 50 minutes to present and then 10 for questions. I don't think a video of that length would fit my format or time allotment. That said, I will reach out to her and see what possible handout materials the SSA may have for something like this.

Thanks!
Bruno - B4