Anyone See "Scary Mary" Schiavo on TV today Miami crash?

Old December 21st 05, 02:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Anyone See "Scary Mary" Schiavo on TV today Miami crash?

I walked by a TV this afternoon and one of the talking head networks was
interviewing Mary Schiavo about yesterday's crash. In essence, she
condemned 50 year old aircraft ("They should be in museums") and discussed
"serious corrosion" and "metal fatigue" among other likely problems
associated with this crash. Certainly those *could* be causes of the crash,
but the pre-breakup fire was probably indicative of an engine or fuel system
problem.

It really bothers me when someone who should know better throws around wild
speculation about a crash. Of course, she isn't called "Scary Mary" because
she excercises a lot of personal restraint.

KB

Old December 21st 05, 03:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

She is a political hack, always was, always will be. But
the talking heads on every TV network love her because she
helps them sell air-time.

. ..

Old December 21st 05, 03:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

In article ,
"Kyle Boatright" wrote:

I walked by a TV this afternoon and one of the talking head networks was
interviewing Mary Schiavo about yesterday's crash. In essence, she
condemned 50 year old aircraft ("They should be in museums") and discussed
"serious corrosion" and "metal fatigue" among other likely problems
associated with this crash. Certainly those *could* be causes of the crash,
but the pre-breakup fire was probably indicative of an engine or fuel system
problem.

It really bothers me when someone who should know better throws around wild
speculation about a crash. Of course, she isn't called "Scary Mary" because
she excercises a lot of personal restraint.

You have to keep in mind what profession she is in and who she works
for/with (in addition to her self-promotion for personal gain).
Old December 21st 05, 02:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

The real problem is that the networks have sold that time to sponsors
for good money. Now they have to fill it with something. So they hire
pseudo experts to keep talking.

Old December 21st 05, 08:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Don't you love it when the local station interrupts
programming for "BREAKING NEWS" and then the reporter comes
on with a "serious face and tone" to report that there is a
accident somewhere, they are not sure and have no details
yet.

--
Merry Christmas
Have a Safe and Happy New Year
| The real problem is that the networks have sold that time
to sponsors
| for good money. Now they have to fill it with something.
So they hire
| pseudo experts to keep talking.
|

| Jim Macklin wrote:
| She is a political hack, always was, always will be.
But
| the talking heads on every TV network love her because
she
| helps them sell air-time.
|

| "Kyle Boatright" wrote in
message
| . ..
| |I walked by a TV this afternoon and one of the talking
head
| networks was
| | interviewing Mary Schiavo about yesterday's crash. In
| essence, she
| | condemned 50 year old aircraft ("They should be in
| museums") and discussed
| | "serious corrosion" and "metal fatigue" among other
likely
| problems
| | associated with this crash. Certainly those *could*
be
| causes of the crash,
| | but the pre-breakup fire was probably indicative of an
| engine or fuel system
| | problem.
| |
| | It really bothers me when someone who should know
better
| throws around wild
| | speculation about a crash. Of course, she isn't
called
| "Scary Mary" because
| | she excercises a lot of personal restraint.
| |
| | KB
| |
| |

Old December 22nd 05, 04:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Paraphrased, but: "[the FAA has been understaffed] for the past 10
years. Especially for the past 5-6 years." Guess what that means?
(Some may have to think long and hard about this one.) This is from her
phone interview from one of the cable news networks.

Pretend this is upside down, in 8-point font, 2 pages further on in the
magazine: "The evil Bush administration is trying to use the FAA to kill
you."

Old December 22nd 05, 06:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I heard part of her interview yesterday. She kept going on about how the FAA
has to rely on "Designated Inspectors" for maintenance inspections and the
like. As if a Federal Employee would somehow be better at the job
LOLOLOLOL.

My ENTIRE family is Federal Employees...ain't no way their signing nothing!

jf