Cherokee 235 vs Trinidad vs Comanche

Old January 21st 07, 06:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Montblack

Default Cherokee 235 vs Trinidad vs Comanche

("Margy Natalie" wrote)
A yank for me is a pull for you.

An instant classic! :-)

Montblack

Old January 21st 07, 11:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dave[_3_]

Suitably (and carefully) saved in the archives!

Priceless Margy!

Dave

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 12:08:31 -0600, "Montblack"
wrote:

("Margy Natalie" wrote)
A yank for me is a pull for you.

An instant classic! :-)

Montblack

Old January 22nd 07, 02:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
vincent p. norris

I stand at 5'2" when I'm lying (5'1 3/4").

You can do that while landing an airplane?

Seriously, why not use some trim tab?

vince norris
Old January 22nd 07, 02:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Newps

Margy Natalie wrote:

How far away from the yoke are you?

Well, I never measured it but my arm would rest on the arm rest.

Old January 22nd 07, 02:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Newps

Montblack wrote:

("Margy Natalie" wrote)

A yank for me is a pull for you.

An instant classic! :-)

Yeah, geez, I better make this off limits for my kids.

Old January 22nd 07, 03:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

A yank for me is a pull for you.

Ow! Ow! Ow!

God almighty , Margy, soda isn't supposed to be able to come out my
nose!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 23rd 07, 03:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Margy Natalie

Montblack wrote:
("Margy Natalie" wrote)

A yank for me is a pull for you.

An instant classic! :-)

Montblack

Get your mind back up to the gutter!
Old January 23rd 07, 03:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Margy Natalie

Jay Honeck wrote:
A yank for me is a pull for you.

Ow! Ow! Ow!

God almighty , Margy, soda isn't supposed to be able to come out my
nose!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Pathfinder N56993
www.AlexisParkInn.com
"Your Aviation Destination"

Look, I'm just a sweet, innocent, little thing and didn't have any idea
you boys would look at it this way (why I thought you were any different
from ...., oh well). Anyway, as I was trying to say... The closer the
pilot is to the yoke while trying to flare more perceived strength is
needed to bring the yoke to an aft position as it is easier to bring the
arm from fully extended to a 90 degree angle than from 90 degrees to
closer in. I do trim. I trim for the flare and push on the yoke on
short final, release forward pressure and lane. That's on a 182. The
NAVION on the other hand is a PLEASURE to fly and I can two finger that
in all but nasty crosswinds.

Margy
Old January 23rd 07, 12:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

Look, I'm just a sweet, innocent, little thing and didn't have any idea
you boys would look at it this way (why I thought you were any different
from ...., oh well).

Speaking for my fellow airmen, we're sorry.

No, really!

*snorf*

Okay, we're *not* sorry. But we now feel properly...chastened...
:-)

Anyway, as I was trying to say... The closer the
pilot is to the yoke while trying to flare more perceived strength is
needed to bring the yoke to an aft position as it is easier to bring the
arm from fully extended to a 90 degree angle than from 90 degrees to
closer in.

Yep, Mary has the same problem. When you have the seat all the way up,
there just isn't a lot of room for flaring, and this problem was
accentuated in the 182, for some reason. Dunno if it was the
ergonomics of the seat-to-pedals-to-yoke position, or what, but it was
different enough from the Piper seating position to cause her trouble.

As I stated, she might have eventually gotten used to it, but why pay
$80K for something you have to get "used to"?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 23rd 07, 02:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Montblack

("Margy Natalie" wrote)
Get your mind back up to the gutter!

I had three good lines typed out, but couldn't send any of them! g

You win.

Montblack :-)