Refugio TX Record Camp RE1

Old May 13th 20, 10:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Refugio TX Record Camp RE1

The record camp at Refugio TX is an official go! A couple of us 1-26 fliers have put together a one week xc camp June 6 thru June 14. The Refugio Soaring club is providing tows for the week.

You are welcome to join in specially if you are a low performance glider flier looking for your distance diamond. But be advised we are not here to baby sit anyone. We will help you but we are seriously pursuing the straight out 1-26 distance record.

The club tows with a scout so if your a heavy ballast loaded 18 meter ship, this is most likely not for you. But if you are a medium to low performance flier and have some xc under your belt, this is a good opportunity to go for a 300+ mile straight line flight.

Feel free to call me if you want more info 702..498...4849.
Dan
Old May 13th 20, 11:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

Dan
Good Luck with your record camp.
Do you a good weather man yet?
Walt Rodgers or Gary Osoba could really help you guys out.
Nick
Old May 13th 20, 11:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hi Nick, we are hoping to connect with Gary as he is the resident expert on the Zapata scene.
Dan