Discovery Wings Channel ???

Old November 13th 04, 05:11 AM
Andy Asberry

Default Discovery Wings Channel ???

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 05:06:42 -0800, "NW_PILOT"
wrote:

I have a question I have had Discovery Wings Channel for a long time now and
usually there is nothing new on it same old reruns for the last 2 years. I
have not once seen any thing about Cessna aircraft on there except for that
annoying learning to fly that ended after solo. I always seem to catch the
same episode. Wonder why the don't do any documentary's about Cessna and
some other excellent aircraft? I have sent E-mail to Discovery Channel with
no response been about 3 months. They are lacking content they need to keep
attention of people that watch their channel or we will stop watching.

If you cancel your service before spring, you should order a copy of
this. Our 25th Aviation Reunion was treated to a preview of In The
Shadow Of The Blade at our April reunion. You will want to see this if
you have any interest at all in choppers and the men who flew them in
Nam. Here is Cheryl's e-mail:

Friends,

Four-and-a-half years of labor, 250 hours of footage, 8 states (plus
the District of Columbia), 10,000 miles, 42 landing zones, untold
sleepless nights, lots of tears, immeasurable joy, and hundreds of
heroes later, I am indescribably delighted to announce the
long-awaited birth of In The Shadow of The Blade!

(I find it impossible not to use birth metaphors, for this project has
been so like a kind of collective pregnancy, with hundreds of people
contributing their talents, skills, stories, time, and efforts to the
care and feeding of something that can only be described as having
taken on a life of its own.)

A huge thank you to all of you who participated in the gestation, and
a great big virtual cigar to the post-production "doctors" who saw her
through the final stages of labor and delivery--Herbert Bennett
(online editor/post-production supervisor/colorist), David Govett
(post-production audio mix), Paul Dumas (asst editor, jacket designer,
and all-around post-pro hero) and Julie Weber (Arrowhead's tremendous,
patient, and skilled biz manager).

And with that, at long last, here we go....

We are delighted to announce the upcoming release of "In The Shadow
of The Blade" on DVD and home video and its original music soundtrack
"Nobody's Gettin' Outta Here 'Till They Hear That Sound." All
products will be available online in approximately one week. Look for
the "buy it now" button on the website--as soon as that goes up, we're
in the green. We will notify you as soon as the redemption house is
ready.

The ITSOTB DVD includes the 105-minute feature film and an additional
60-some minutes of bonus material:

"Living In The Shadow" music video
"Because They Earned It" tribute to airmobile medics
"Let's Dance" (from our helicopter pilots)
"Crew Interviews" (behind-the-scenes)
And additional stories including our tribute to the Five-O-Duece,
Bobbi--The Weather Girl!, A Letter To My Dad, and more. (Also
available on a 2-VHS set).

"Nobody's Gettin' Outta Here 'Till They Hear That Sound" is a 17-track
original music CD with audio from the film that tells a story
itself...We think it might need a label: Warning--This Soundtrack Can
Make a Grown Man Cry...

FIRST EDITION PRICES:

DVD: $30.00

2-VHS set: $35.00 (same content as DVD)

Original Soundtrack CD: $15.00

Also available now: new ITSOTB sweatshirts, hats, tees, magnets, and
more....You can order it all online through our licensed vendor at
www.intheshadowoftheblade.com and look for it soon in museums and
other retail outlets around the nation.

There is still so, so, so much more, and we've decided that we'll put
the rest of it together in a "Landing Zone to Landing Zone DVD" in
about six months or so to catch "the rest of the story."

But for now, there is this movie of a battle-scarred helicopter's
journey across this great nation, landing in places where veterans and
families waited to tell their sacred stories, unlock their memories,
and reconcile with their war and their nation. We think it's a movie
everyone should see.

Get your copy. Grab your hankie.

Strap in. Pull pitch.

And take your heart for a ride In The Shadow of The Blade.

p.s. Discovery Wings has acquired North American broadcast rights and
plans to air ITSOTB nationally first quarter '05. We'll let you know
the air date as soon as we know it.

Cheryl Fries
Creative Director
In The Shadow of The Blade tm