High Desert Storage

Old August 19th 12, 12:17 AM
Course Correction Course Correction is offline
Junior Member

Default High Desert Storage

Hey everyone,im new to this site, and like everyone here im a pilot (CFII) but what i wanted to start a thread on is something that my family owns. My family currently owns 400 acres next to a paved public airport (which they also own) and a large steel building/hanger in the Sierra Nevada Mountains (close to a major city) Not wanting to type alot.. Id like thoughts on if anyone could give some business input or thoughts on turning this into a facility for degraded, un-flying, flying, abandoned, etc type of aircraft..
feel free to email me your thoughts.
Old August 19th 12, 04:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace
Lubow[_2_]

"Course Correction" wrote in
message . ..

Hey everyone,im new to this site, and like everyone here im a pilot
(CFII) but what i wanted to start a thread on is something that my
family owns. My family currently owns 400 acres next to a paved public
airport (which they also own) and a large steel building/hanger in the
Sierra Nevada Mountains (close to a major city) Not wanting to type
alot.. Id like thoughts on if anyone could give some business input or
thoughts on turning this into a facility for degraded, un-flying,
flying, abandoned, etc type of aircraft..
feel free to email me your thoughts.

What's the annual precipitation? Having bought a plane that was stored in
Florida, I became an expert in corrosion.

Bottom line:
If the plane is stored in a region with low precipitation and a low
incidence of hail, you have a good place for an aviation graveyard.

Old August 20th 12, 08:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace
Bug Dout

Course Correction writes:

in the
Sierra Nevada Mountains (close to a major city)

Hmmm....no "major" cities in the Sierras that I'm aware of. You mean
Reno, or maybe South Lake Tahoe? Reno is pretty dry, right?

--
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with
potatoes.

Desert MOA's Uncle Fuzzy Soaring 21 July 12th 08 04:05 AM
Paintjobs, pt 2 - Desert 109.jpg (1/1) Mitchell Holman[_2_] Aviation Photos 0 February 11th 07 02:59 PM
P-51D Desert Camouflage bob Aviation Photos 30 February 8th 07 08:59 PM
Desert Sailplane storage Charles McLaurin Soaring 24 December 31st 04 04:41 AM
Ex-Danish Drakens in the California high desert Jarmo Lindberg Military Aviation 0 August 8th 03 10:28 PM