Value vs asking price vs selling price

Old July 16th 05, 01:55 AM
Casey Wilson

Default Value vs asking price vs selling price

Okay, here's the info. I've done as objective a job I can with Vref,
scouted through Trade A Plane, poked around here and there on the Internet
and come up with a value of $45,000 to $49,000. Let's
split the difference and call it $47,000.
If it makes any difference, the airplane is an older model C-172 with a
180hp conversion and a constant speed prop. The avionics stack is
antiquated, but works fine. Whenever the airplane is at home, it is kept
hangared, it has been well maintained all its life, and has a fresh annual.
All the other stuff [TTAF, TBO, PTBO, exterior, interior] were all used in
Vref and other references, so we don't need to niggle with those. In short,
it is a good looking, servicable airplane.
Now it's your turn. What do you think the asking price should be? And on
the other side, how much do you think the airplane should really sell for?

Old July 16th 05, 02:49 AM
Doug

Not engouh info.

Old July 16th 05, 04:11 AM
Casey Wilson

"Doug" wrote in message
oups.com...
Not engouh info.

What's missing?

Old July 16th 05, 04:31 AM
Doug

Year, model number, total time airframe, engine model, total time prop,
time on engine since major, time on engine since top, List all avionics
by make and model. Overall condition. Engine compressions. Oil burn.
Paint condition. Upholstry condition. List any non-working items.
Ownership history. Where located.

No one can appraise it without seeing it and what it sells for is
another matter. Each sale is different.

Old July 16th 05, 04:56 AM
Mike Rapoport

Vref tends to be high. I assume the 49K was Vref? Since it tends to be
about 10% high in my experience I would list the airplane at 45K.

Mike
MU-2