Have you ever...

Old April 12th 05, 12:45 AM
Grumman-581

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message ...
Um...remember Ted Bundy?

Yeah... Don't think that any of his victims were armed, were they? Grace
also has a CHL... It's not like she's going to leave her handgun in her car,
right?

Old April 12th 05, 12:47 AM
Grumman-581

"Ross Richardson" wrote in message
So how do you determine if they are competent?

Fly with 'em? snicker

Hell, if I think that I can fly their aircraft, they're probably competent
enough for me... Assuming that I saw them land and it was acceptable...

Old April 12th 05, 09:41 AM
Scott Migaldi

Jay Honeck wrote:
...refused to fly with someone you felt was not entirely safe? (With that
person acting as PIC, not as a passenger in your own plane.)

I had it happen earlier this year, for the first time, ever, and it felt,
well, weird.

I think I did the right thing, but it's hard to say. That funny little
voice in my head just kept saying "stay on the ground..." -- so I did.

Never heard that voice before.

Yes I have and he was a CFI, I ended up telling to get out of the
airplane and that I would not fly with him. I also reported him to his CP.

Scott
Old April 12th 05, 12:38 PM
Thomas Borchert

Bob,

No, but it shows much of the training for a PP-ASEL is
meaningless.

You might wanna add "most of the time". Which doesn't mean one can omit
it completely - quite the contrary. Hence the serious limitations on
what you can do with a Sport license.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old April 12th 05, 01:00 PM
Jay Honeck

Yes I have and he was a CFI, I ended up telling to get out of the airplane
and that I would not fly with him. I also reported him to his CP.

Whoa. What did he do?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old April 12th 05, 01:03 PM
Jay Honeck

No, but it shows much of the training for a PP-ASEL is
meaningless.

You might wanna add "most of the time". Which doesn't mean one can omit
it completely - quite the contrary. Hence the serious limitations on
what you can do with a Sport license.

This could be the start of an interesting thread.

What would YOU eliminate from the Private Pilot training curriculum?

Just off the top of my head I can think of half a dozen stupid, pointless
things I was forced to puke back on the written that I've never, ever used
again...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old April 12th 05, 04:45 PM
Matt Barrow

wrote in message
"Matt Barrow" wrote:

"Grumman-581" wrote:
When Grace worked downtown and took the bus via the Park-and-Ride,
she would
accept rides from such people... I guess this is not just from

*anyone*
since these people tend to be what might be considered upwardly mobile
professionals... All in all, I don't think that many of the problem
individuals that you are so concerned about are driving Mercedes,

Volvos,
Saabs, and such while wearing suits...

Um...remember Ted Bundy?

Yes, and I was thinking that during this discussion, too ... although he
may have been a well-dressed, "upwardly mobile professional", he drove a
VW bug.

He didn't have the car hotwiring skills that a couple other serial killers
did.

Still, he had a lot of people fooled by his "professional"
outward appearance.

And he was often referred to as having a rather "charming" personality.

Old April 12th 05, 04:47 PM
Matt Barrow

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
No, but it shows much of the training for a PP-ASEL is
meaningless.

You might wanna add "most of the time". Which doesn't mean one can omit
it completely - quite the contrary. Hence the serious limitations on
what you can do with a Sport license.

This could be the start of an interesting thread.

What would YOU eliminate from the Private Pilot training curriculum?

Just off the top of my head I can think of half a dozen stupid, pointless
things I was forced to puke back on the written that I've never, ever used
again...

Are you talking about flight training, or High School? :~

Old April 12th 05, 04:51 PM
Matt Barrow

"Grumman-581" wrote in message
news_D6e.6385$xL4.4698@attbi_s72...
"Matt Barrow" wrote in message ...
Um...remember Ted Bundy?

Yeah... Don't think that any of his victims were armed, were they?

Didn't he kill some of his victims on a college campus? Well, a college
campus is a "Gun Free Zone".

Grace
also has a CHL... It's not like she's going to leave her handgun in her

car,
right?

Quite, but we need a "Relevancy Check" right about now!

Old April 12th 05, 06:14 PM
George Patterson

Bob Fry wrote:
"Morgans" writes:

I hear of a guy around my
area who has not had a medical for 15 years.

Which simply shows that a medical (esp. a 3rd class for hobby flying)
is meaningless and should be eliminated.

Maybe for that one guy.

George Patterson
There's plenty of room for all of God's creatures. Right next to the
mashed potatoes.