Going to OSH? You're invited to a party!

Old July 11th 05, 02:56 PM
Jay Honeck

Default Going to OSH? You're invited to a party!

You're invited!

What: 3rd Annual Pre-Oshkosh Fly-In Pool Party
Whe Alexis Park Inn & Suites, Iowa City, Iowa -- on the north side of
Rwy 25 at Iowa City Municipal (KIOW).
When: Saturday, July 23rd, noon till ???
Why: Our way of saying "Thanks!" for another great year at our aviation
theme-suites hotel.

FREE food, beverages (adult and otherwise) and music will be served at
poolside. We will do two "shifts" of meals, one for lunch, and one for the
dinnertime crowd -- although there will be all sorts of things to munch on
throughout the day.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Can I stay the night at the hotel? Unfortunately we are sold out, but we
will find other accommodations for you, as needed. (I've got a guest room
in my home we can press into service, if necessary!)
Can I camp on the hotel grounds? Sure! We've got showers and bathrooms
accessible to you.
Can I camp on the airport? You bet! I've spoken with the owner of the
Eastern Iowa Pilots Association, which occupies our incredibly historic
Boeing/United Hangar (built in 1930, it's one of just 7 original airmail
hangars left), and she will allow tents to be set up alongside the hangar,
and the bathroom will be accessible 24/7.
What's there to do in Iowa City? We're a Big Ten college town, and the
Amana Colonies are nearby. There are 55 restaurants within a mile of the
Inn, and campus/downtown are less than a mile away. There is always
something happening here on a summer weekend!
How do I get to the Inn from the airport? We're about 400 yards from the
airport -- an easy walk, without luggage. If you've got luggage/gear, have
the FBO call us, and we'll give you a lift in the hotel van.
What if I can't swim? Jim Weir and Jack Allison are trained in CPR and
water rescue techniques. You will be safer than in the arms of
you-know-who... :-)

Hope to meet some of you guys on the way to the Big One!

(And don't forget our big North 40 party on Wednesday night at our
campsite!)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 11th 05, 05:41 PM
Jim Burns

Sorry Jay,
I won't be able to make it.
Another partner has it booked on a run to Minnesota.
Plus I would have felt like a little bit of a free loader, flying in the
total opposite direction (away from OSH) to come down to the party just so
my kids could swim in your pool, my wife could drink your beer and I could
indulge myself in your great food. But maybe by next year I won't have
these feelings, I'm really working on it!

Jim Burns

Old July 11th 05, 09:20 PM
Bob Chilcoat

Sorry, Jay,

My brothers and I aren't setting off from Columbus until Sunday morning.
Have a beer for us. We'll see you there, I'm sure. We'll be in the
"Generator Friendly" campgrounds, wherever that is.

Old July 12th 05, 01:25 AM
n93332

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
You're invited!

What: 3rd Annual Pre-Oshkosh Fly-In Pool Party
Whe Alexis Park Inn & Suites, Iowa City, Iowa -- on the north side of
Rwy 25 at Iowa City Municipal (KIOW).
When: Saturday, July 23rd, noon till ???
Why: Our way of saying "Thanks!" for another great year at our aviation
theme-suites hotel.

I *might* make it down to the Pre-Osh party but can't make Osh this year.
:-(

If I do make it down, I'll bring a tent instead of the Miata to sleep in...

-Greg B.

Old July 12th 05, 01:29 AM
john smith

Bob Chilcoat wrote:
Sorry, Jay,
My brothers and I aren't setting off from Columbus until Sunday morning.
Have a beer for us. We'll see you there, I'm sure. We'll be in the
"Generator Friendly" campgrounds, wherever that is.

Bob, what day are you arriving? OSU?