Looking for basic logbook software for Unix/Linux

Old January 20th 08, 01:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Edward A. Falk

Default Looking for basic logbook software for Unix/Linux

Anybody know of such a beast? I'm basicly looking for a spreadsheet
that knows how to carry forward page-to-page. I'm tired of doing my
logbooks in Excell or other generic spreadsheets.

There once was a program called "GNU Pilot LogBook Pro", but the web
page that hosted it has gone dark.

--
-Ed Falk,
http://thespamdiaries.blogspot.com/
Old January 20th 08, 01:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Jan 19, 7:29*pm, (Edward A. Falk) wrote:
Anybody know of such a beast? *I'm basicly looking for a spreadsheet
that knows how to carry forward page-to-page. *I'm tired of doing my
logbooks in Excell or other generic spreadsheets.

There once was a program called "GNU Pilot LogBook Pro", but the web
page that hosted it has gone dark.

--
* * * * -Ed Falk,
* * * *http://thespamdiaries.blogspot.com/

I think "star office suite" is available. It's like Microsoft Office,
but prolly runs under Java ...

http://www.sun.com/software/star/staroffice/index.jsp

http://www.openoffice.org (a GNU version ... )

If I used Linux, I'd try these for sure.

Old January 20th 08, 01:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Jan 19, 7:29*pm, (Edward A. Falk) wrote:
Anybody know of such a beast? *I'm basicly looking for a spreadsheet
that knows how to carry forward page-to-page. *I'm tired of doing my
logbooks in Excell or other generic spreadsheets.

There once was a program called "GNU Pilot LogBook Pro", but the web
page that hosted it has gone dark.

--
* * * * -Ed Falk,
* * * *http://thespamdiaries.blogspot.com/

Oh hell I'm sorry ... I thought you wanted a spreadsheet.

You might find these useful:

http://www.xineo.net/logbook.jspx

Anything running on Java will run on Linux (well .. that's the theory
of Java anyway)
Old January 22nd 08, 02:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Edward A. Falk

In article ,
wrote:
http://www.xineo.net/logbook.jspx

Ahhh, now we're talking. This might be what I'm looking for. Thanks.

Old January 25th 08, 10:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Michael Huber[_2_]

Edward A. Falk wrote:

There once was a program called "GNU Pilot LogBook Pro", but the web
page that hosted it has gone dark.

How about KFlog (yeah, I know, unfortunate name). http://www.kflog.org,
comes complete with an embedded version for use on your PDA. It's geared
for glider operations, but you might find it useful.
Old March 4th 08, 06:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Edward A. Falk

Well, I wound up writing one myself because none of the ones I
found were what I was looking for.

It's a curses-based spreadsheet. Not very pretty but very, very fast.
Data entry, totals, basic statistics (time in type, recent experience).
I'm looking for pilots to try it out and give me comments on the user
interface and features they'd like to have.

Works under Unix (including Linux and Mac). Might work under Windows
too, I don't know. Anybody interested in trying it out?

Old March 4th 08, 02:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andy Hawkins

Hi,

In article ,
Edward A. wrote:
Works under Unix (including Linux and Mac). Might work under Windows
too, I don't know. Anybody interested in trying it out?

I would be.

Andy
Old March 13th 08, 02:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Edward A. Falk

Default Basic logbook software for Unix/Linux

Anybody wants to try it out, go to http://www.efalk.org/Logbook/

Available as Debian or Redhat package, or just download the python
script and run it.

Old March 13th 08, 11:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andy Hawkins

Hi,

In article ,
Edward A. wrote:
Anybody wants to try it out, go to http://www.efalk.org/Logbook/

Looking now...

Available as Debian or Redhat package, or just download the python
script and run it.

How is the data stored, just out of interest?

Andy