Clubs Still Flying List

Old March 31st 20, 04:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Clubs Still Flying List

Same here uh, we sign up as we get there and go to the end of the list after we fly so it works pretty well for the early birds I tell the students if they can get out there early get the plane ready I'll come out and I'll fly as much as I can with them. Some of the older club members get out there late and only get a flight in the students if they get there early and have the plane ready get several considering our winch launch and only a one flight per 12 minute or 20 minutes depending on how excited the retrieve driver is but all that's done now for a few weeks has we're on a shelter-in-place order in Arizona now
Old March 31st 20, 05:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SoaringXCellence

My club also does sign-up order for flights and aircraft.
Old March 31st 20, 09:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Monday, March 30, 2020 at 2:41:52 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Flubber, the discussions here usually end up in controversy n crap. But this place is mostly populated with old codgers who like me, have been in the sport for decades, are not going anywhere( not going to leave the sport) and are all of strong opinions including yourself. When I am out at the field or visiting another field flying, this stuff rarely comes up and reasonable conversations can be had because we have the time face to face to present our points of view in their totality. I don’t know of a single potential glider pilot who has been run away from a club via political opinions. I have however seen guys move on due to the clickiness of old time club members.

This is a great post!!! Looks like ole uneekc has set the record straight about the abundant of misfits here just having a great time. This COVID scenario has everybody on their defensive, but time will heal. I was able to pick up a 12 pack this morning, not of Bud Light but instead of Charmin to protect my back side.
Lines at stores in Florida are tough to work through, only buying a few of the essentials is the primary goal. I did check the toilet paper supply today at the gliderport and they were down to their last roll, so I loaned them one.
Spent most of the day watering and spraying the mango orchard, I am collecting the fallen leaves just in case. Bob
Old March 31st 20, 09:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jonathan St. Cloud

On Sunday, March 29, 2020 at 2:49:51 PM UTC-7, Bob Youngblood wrote:
On Sunday, March 29, 2020 at 11:21:32 AM UTC-4, wrote:
What clubs are still flying? I’d like to get a feel for what’s really happening out there in the “actual” not simulated soaring scene. Us at central alabama soaring are still in the air albit with limited and heavy precautionary activities. Just solo flying. I towed a few on friday and wanted to fly myself but we have the same age old non-viral related problem, lack of tow pilots.

Costal soaring club down in the panhandle of FL flew yesterday with 8 flights so they are still doing things. Any other clubs in non-epidemic areas still flying?
Dan

Treasure Coat Soaring is still active, we have only banned Dogs and flaming liberals.

My Dog is a "flaming liberal". He loves cats, and doesn't mind when the kitten eats from his dish.
Old March 31st 20, 09:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

I went to the grocery store yesterday as it was along my route to the
airport.* It's 25 miles east of Albuquerque and, as such, was not very
crowded.* I asked one of the employees if they were having any trouble
keeping the shelves stocked and she replied in the negative.* I also
asked her about "senior shopping hours" and she told me that they have
them:* Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 0700 to 0800!* Cripes!* I'm a
glider pilot!* I'm still in bed just thinking about getting up at that hour.

Anyway, it was not a big deal.* The really big deal was learning that
the biggest hangar at the airport burned to the ground yesterday in the
early morning hours; a total loss.* I wonder what was the cause and hope
we get some information in a timely manner.

--
Dan, 5J
Old March 31st 20, 09:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Oh man that bad news Dan, was that the long skinny club hangar or one of the other big private ones?
Dan
Old March 31st 20, 09:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

On Tuesday, March 31, 2020 at 4:37:25 PM UTC-4, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
[...]

You need to educate the dog!
Old April 1st 20, 01:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

No, it was the gigantic hangar just north of the carousel (if you're
familiar with Moriarty).* I just checked on google maps.* It is not
shown.* It was in the empty lot on the eastern most row.* It was the
third one from the south.* The carousel is the second one from the south
and has 5 trailers parked next to it.

Old April 1st 20, 01:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Oh yeh I remember that hangar. I remember one of those trailers having a dragon painted on it. I remember seeing that trailer out at minden back in the day.
Old April 1st 20, 01:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom[_21_]

Loaning toilet paper - man, it’s gotten really bad!