Mt. Saint Helens picture

Old October 28th 04, 07:22 AM
C J Campbell

Default Mt. Saint Helens picture

Mt. Saint Helens erupted again today; fairly large eruption. It has been
spilling magma onto the surface at the rate of 10 cubic yards per second for
over a week (that is one dump truck of new mountain per second). I was up
with a multi-engine student in his Cessna 337P and took this picture which I
posted on alt.binaries.photography.

--
Christopher J. Campbell
World Famous Flight Instructor

If you go around beating the Bush, don't complain if you rile the animals.

Old October 28th 04, 04:14 PM
John Harlow

C J Campbell wrote:
Mt. Saint Helens erupted again today; fairly large eruption. It has
been spilling magma onto the surface at the rate of 10 cubic yards
per second for over a week (that is one dump truck of new mountain
per second). I was up with a multi-engine student in his Cessna 337P
and took this picture which I posted on alt.binaries.photography.

Thanks, CJ,

Do you put them anywhere else as well? I can see how these are "newsworthy"
now but (a) some people don't get those newsgroups and (b) the postings
eventually "fall off".

Old October 28th 04, 04:43 PM
C J Campbell

"John Harlow" wrote in message
C J Campbell wrote:
Mt. Saint Helens erupted again today; fairly large eruption. It has
been spilling magma onto the surface at the rate of 10 cubic yards
per second for over a week (that is one dump truck of new mountain
per second). I was up with a multi-engine student in his Cessna 337P
and took this picture which I posted on alt.binaries.photography.

Thanks, CJ,

Do you put them anywhere else as well? I can see how these are

"newsworthy"
now but (a) some people don't get those newsgroups and (b) the postings
eventually "fall off".

I post pictures on http://www.photo-sense.co.uk/sense/news.php. The Saint
Helens photo is posted there, too.

However, even there storage is limited and I will remove old photos. I have
no real desire to maintain a web site of my own.

Old October 29th 04, 01:06 AM
Jay Honeck

I post pictures on http://www.photo-sense.co.uk/sense/news.php. The Saint
Helens photo is posted there, too.

However, even there storage is limited and I will remove old photos. I
have
no real desire to maintain a web site of my own.

Hey CJ,

I've been thinking about starting a new page of just flying pix. You know,
interesting pictures taken while flying, not necessarily of aircraft and
owners (like the Rogue's Gallery) but more like the cool photo you took of
Mt. St. Helens.

Jav Henderson (of this very newsgroup) hosts our web page, and he assures me
that there is no storage limitation.

Whatcha think? Think there'd be any interest in such a page?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 29th 04, 02:38 AM
Peter R.

Jay Honeck ) wrote:

Whatcha think? Think there'd be any interest in such a page?

Not sure why you addressed this to CJ, but I know I would be interested
in such a page. I might even have a couple of pictures to contribute,
if that's what you need.

--
Peter

Old October 29th 04, 03:42 AM
Newps

Peter R. wrote:
Jay Honeck ) wrote:

Whatcha think? Think there'd be any interest in such a page?

Not sure why you addressed this to CJ, but I know I would be interested
in such a page. I might even have a couple of pictures to contribute,
if that's what you need.

Me too, I have lots of pics.

Old October 29th 04, 03:49 AM
Jay Honeck

Not sure why you addressed this to CJ, but I know I would be interested
in such a page. I might even have a couple of pictures to contribute,
if that's what you need.

Well, that's the idea!

I'm not sure of the utility of such a page, but -- sorta like the aviation
video page -- I think it would be neat.

I'll let everyone know when I've had a chance to set it up!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 29th 04, 01:02 PM
john smith

I couldn't find a group "alt.binaries.photography".
Is this the correct name?

Old October 29th 04, 02:06 PM
Bob Fry

"Jay Honeck" writes:

Whatcha think? Think there'd be any interest in such a page?

Do ducks go barefoot?
Old October 29th 04, 02:07 PM
Peter R.

john smith ) wrote:

I couldn't find a group "alt.binaries.photography".

It is correct. Not all ISPs carry all newsgroups. Make sure you first
downloaded all the latest groups into your news reader and if you still
don't see it, ask your ISP to add the group.

--
Peter

Mt. Saint Helens C J Campbell Piloting 31 October 5th 04 11:57 PM
irrefutable bottom line about picture ID's kontiki Piloting 58 September 28th 04 02:49 PM
Puff picture G Evans Home Built 0 September 2nd 04 01:22 PM
Add your picture! Jay Honeck Owning 0 November 26th 03 04:40 PM