An Amazing Display of Precision

Old August 23rd 04, 10:07 PM
Jay Honeck

Default An Amazing Display of Precision

http://www.alexisparkinn.com/photoga...%20Falluja.wmv

According to the person who sent it, this video was recently taken from an
F-16 on a bombing mission in Fallujah, Iraq.

The pilot is bombing a safehouse for insurgents. As the bomb is falling,
the house begins to empty of fighters, all en route to a nearby fire-fight
with U.S. Marines. The pilot notes this, and seeks (and is granted)
permission to change his targeting from the house to the fighters -- with
incredible results.

It's an amazing display of technology and precision bombing. I sure as hell
would not want to be fighting against that kind of firepower.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 23rd 04, 11:13 PM
Bob Fry

"Jay Honeck" writes:

It's an amazing display of technology and precision bombing. I sure as hell
would not want to be fighting against that kind of firepower.

Nor I. But they don't seem to mind. And I believe that should our
country be invaded in a like manner, we would fight back as hard, in
any way available to us.

"Army Chief of Staff Gen. Peter J. Schoomaker, a veteran of many
years [of] service in Special Forces and the super-secret Delta Force who
was brought out of retirement to run the Army, said: 'This war cannot
be won militarily. The gun will not win this one. This is a clash of
ideas, an information war.'"

The Bushies and hard right will never understand this.
Old August 23rd 04, 11:26 PM
C J Campbell

"Bob Fry" wrote in message
"Jay Honeck" writes:

It's an amazing display of technology and precision bombing. I sure as

hell
would not want to be fighting against that kind of firepower.

Nor I. But they don't seem to mind. And I believe that should our
country be invaded in a like manner, we would fight back as hard, in
any way available to us.

"Army Chief of Staff Gen. Peter J. Schoomaker, a veteran of many
years [of] service in Special Forces and the super-secret Delta Force who
was brought out of retirement to run the Army, said: 'This war cannot
be won militarily. The gun will not win this one. This is a clash of
ideas, an information war.'"

The Bushies and hard right will never understand this.

And the left will never understand that no war is won militarily. All that
the United States is trying to do is buy enough time to give democracy a
chance to take hold there.

Old August 23rd 04, 11:56 PM
Doug

Bob Fry wrote in
:

"Jay Honeck" writes:

It's an amazing display of technology and precision bombing. I sure
as hell would not want to be fighting against that kind of firepower.

Nor I. But they don't seem to mind. And I believe that should our
country be invaded in a like manner, we would fight back as hard, in
any way available to us.

You make these terrorist murderers sound like freedom fighters... do you
and your terrorist bretheren forget so easily the systematic torture and
rape of Iraqi citizens, the payments to Palestineian Homicide bombers,
the safe harbor granted to internation terrorists, the developement and
acquistion of chemical, biological and nuclear weapons, the DAILY
attacks on colalition forces enforcing the UN no-fly zones, billions
siphoned off to build palaces while people starved? The invasion of
neighboring countries, the 12 years of the despots middle finger waving
openly in the face of the Internation community???

Now we have these islamo-facists animals standing up on Irans money,
they need to be swiftly kicked in the ass,....no let me say clearly,
they need to be killed, stomped on, rolled over upon. Give these Iraqis
a chance at freedom not a life controlled by Facists that curse the name
of God, calling for murder and mayhem in his name.

Geez you liberal POS will you people ever understand that they will cut
your throat regardless of how much you hug them. You *******s did it in
the 60's and left a nation in communistic chains.. we will not allow you
to do that again.

So NO, If my mother was raped in front of me and my sister thrown to
starving lions to be mauled to death I would not fight the very people
that liberated me from that horror.

-Doug
"I AM THE FAR RIGHT"

Old August 24th 04, 12:28 AM
Darkwing Duck \(The Duck, The Myth, The Legend\)

"Bob Fry" wrote in message
"Jay Honeck" writes:

It's an amazing display of technology and precision bombing. I sure as

hell
would not want to be fighting against that kind of firepower.

Nor I. But they don't seem to mind. And I believe that should our
country be invaded in a like manner, we would fight back as hard, in
any way available to us.

"Army Chief of Staff Gen. Peter J. Schoomaker, a veteran of many
years [of] service in Special Forces and the super-secret Delta Force who
was brought out of retirement to run the Army, said: 'This war cannot
be won militarily. The gun will not win this one. This is a clash of
ideas, an information war.'"

The Bushies and hard right will never understand this.

America 200+ years old....

Middle East, how old is the human species...

They have been killing each other since the dawn on man, don't blame the USA
on their inability to throw that stupid book in the trash.

Old August 24th 04, 12:33 AM
Jon Kraus

Amazing.... I have to wonder though if the "Oh Dude!!" heard at the end
was proper phraseology. :-)

Jon Kraus
PP-ASEL-IA
Student Aircraft Purchaser

Old August 24th 04, 12:47 AM
Peter Gottlieb

"Doug" wrote in message

You make these terrorist murderers sound like freedom fighters... do you
and your terrorist bretheren forget ...

Seems like a troll to me.

Old August 24th 04, 03:39 AM
Rich Lemert

C J Campbell wrote:

And the left will never understand that no war is won militarily. All that
the United States is trying to do is buy enough time to give democracy a
chance to take hold there.

And just how stable is this democracy going to be, when (1) the
population has essentially no experience in running a democracy, (2)
they have essentially no stake in the formation of that democracy (since
it is, in essence, being imposed upon them, rather than being something
they've earned), and (3) are part of a culture where there is a
significant faction that seriously believes a democracy is blasphemy
because it is not a theocracy based on "the true word".

Rich Lemert

Old August 24th 04, 06:04 AM
Peter Gottlieb

"Rich Lemert" wrote in message
nk.net...
And just how stable is this democracy going to be, when (...

Nobody seems to know the best way to go with this. It is made much more
complicated by the external forces (Iran, Syria, Al Queda, etc) meddling
around.

My feeling is that regardless of how we got to this point, we need more of a
cooperative international effort to get some sort of resolution, no matter
how perfect or imperfect.

But who am I to say, I'm certainly no expert on these matters (not that the
"experts" have done any better, mind you).

Old August 24th 04, 07:58 AM
ShawnD2112

How many brothers or sons have you lost in combat in Iraq, Doug? I find it
interesting that you always find the extreme right on the outside of the
perimeter fence around any military installation. Those inside are usually
not quite so vociferous.

Shawn
"Doug" wrote in message
Bob Fry wrote in
:

KX-155 LEDs Steven Barnes Owning 21 July 11th 13 09:04 AM
KPDX area and 4th of july fireworks & flying NW_PILOT Piloting 9 March 17th 05 06:43 AM
A-6 Redar Display? Mike Kanze Naval Aviation 0 September 28th 04 01:34 AM
Airplane / space vehicle display models wanted Aleta Jackson General Aviation 0 May 19th 04 02:17 AM
Japanese Whine Over Enola Gay Display [email protected] Military Aviation 42 December 19th 03 11:32 PM