What have we learned from all this?

Old October 14th 20, 05:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default What have we learned from all this?

Well, now that we're picking on individual countries...

If it was heaven:
The Brits would be the police,
The French would be the cooks,
The Germans would be the mechanics,
The Italians would be the lovers, and
The Swiss would be the organizers.

If it was hell:
The Brits would be the cooks,
The French would be the mechanics,
The Germans would be the police,
The Italians would be the organizers, and
The Swiss would be the lovers.

BTW, I'm of Italian (Sicilian) descent.Â* My father immigrated from Sant
Agata, Sicily.

:-D

On 10/14/2020 9:04 AM, wrote:
I'll go out on a limb and suggest that Europeans fly gliders better than
Americans

Well, I will certainly suggest that the Europeans (especially Italians) cook better than we do. Except for Barbecue.

--
Dan, 5J
Old October 14th 20, 07:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, October 14, 2020 at 11:04:48 AM UTC-4, wrote:
I'll go out on a limb and suggest that Europeans fly gliders better than
Americans

Well, I will certainly suggest that the Europeans (especially Italians) cook better than we do. Except for Barbecue.

I guess that you never have visited the deep south and had some good fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy, and yes the BBQ is delicious.
Old October 14th 20, 08:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

wrote:
I'll go out on a limb and suggest that Europeans fly gliders better
than Americans

Well, I will certainly suggest that the Europeans (especially Italians)
cook better than we do. Except for Barbecue.

I guess that you never have visited the deep south and had some good
fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy, and yes the BBQ is
delicious.

Takes a lot to beat a Viennese Tafelspitz.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org

Old October 15th 20, 12:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Boiled meat.Â* Haven't you guys learned how to use a flame?

Try the filet mignon at the Texas Rose steakhouse in Borger, TX. You
won't eat boiled meat ever again.

On 10/14/2020 1:44 PM, Martin Gregorie wrote:
Viennese Tafelspitz

--
Dan, 5J
Old October 15th 20, 03:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gregg Ballou[_2_]

On Wednesday, October 14, 2020 at 7:23:08 PM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
Boiled meat. Haven't you guys learned how to use a flame?

Hey now batsoup is so much more than boiled meat.
Old October 15th 20, 03:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Ozzy swears that raw bat is the best!

Almost worth the rabies shots.
Old October 15th 20, 04:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I guess that you never have visited the deep south and had some good fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy, and yes the BBQ is delicious.

As much as I appreciate good fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, in reality, on a cooking index with northern Italian cuisine rated like a JS-3, it's pretty much comparable to the PW-5.

Not to say it's BAD, just not in the same league.
Old October 15th 20, 10:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, October 14, 2020 at 11:00:35 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I guess that you never have visited the deep south and had some good fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy, and yes the BBQ is delicious.

As much as I appreciate good fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, in reality, on a cooking index with northern Italian cuisine rated like a JS-3, it's pretty much comparable to the PW-5.

Not to say it's BAD, just not in the same league.

Your last name must in in a vowel. Now that great Northern Italian is that the same as Vienna Sausage in the can?
Old October 16th 20, 02:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Your last name must in in a vowel. Now that great Northern Italian is that the same as Vienna Sausage in the can?

Uhh..no.

But as you are an obvious connoisseur of Southern cooking, I can understand why you are confused.

Hint: Collard greens, fried catfish and grits are not "delicacies" in Italy.

BTW, my last name does end in a vowel, but I have no Italian heritage. I just like the cooking.

Old October 16th 20, 05:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, October 15, 2020 at 9:55:57 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Your last name must in in a vowel. Now that great Northern Italian is that the same as Vienna Sausage in the can?

Uhh..no.

But as you are an obvious connoisseur of Southern cooking, I can understand why you are confused.

Hint: Collard greens, fried catfish and grits are not "delicacies" in Italy.

BTW, my last name does end in a vowel, but I have no Italian heritage. I just like the cooking.

Mark, I appreciate your humor, and your knowledge of great southern dinner dishes like fried catfish and grits. I grew up in Rome, not that beautiful Italian city, but the Rome located in the Northern port city along the Coosa River. The fried okra was a delicious dish served often with other soul foods of the south. I may well have been he first glider pilot to fly in Rome, made a trip there every summer to fly my Std. Cirrus off Richard Russell airport. Bob