FLARM Fusion Range

Old April 24th 21, 09:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

Default FLARM Fusion Range

On Saturday, April 24, 2021 at 12:51:57 PM UTC-7, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
ads-b update

I looked at the FAA report for two other pilots that flew out of the Williams area on Friday 4/16, Ramy ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7wgkinoru...55266.pdf?dl=0 ) and Peter Deane ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/8vkprmv4gu...57927.pdf?dl=0 ). They both had pretty identical long flights all the way around the top of the valley to Trinity Center and back down the Eastern edge of the valley, then back to Williams. Ramy showed a normal report, while Peter showed 48.01% fail on Baro., and 48.01% on GPS. alt. Why are these two 48.01% numbers identical? Bad ground station for part of the flight? If so why did Ramy have no issues with Baro. or GPS Alt.?

Matt

Matt,

Performance report user guide.
https://adsbperformance.faa.gov/PAPRUsersGuide.pdf

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old April 25th 21, 12:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

On Saturday, April 24, 2021 at 12:51:57 PM UTC-7, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
ads-b update

I looked at the FAA report for two other pilots that flew out of the Williams area on Friday 4/16, Ramy ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7wgkinoru...55266.pdf?dl=0 ) and Peter Deane ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/8vkprmv4gu...57927.pdf?dl=0 ). They both had pretty identical long flights all the way around the top of the valley to Trinity Center and back down the Eastern edge of the valley, then back to Williams. Ramy showed a normal report, while Peter showed 48.01% fail on Baro., and 48.01% on GPS. alt. Why are these two 48.01% numbers identical? Bad ground station for part of the flight? If so why did Ramy have no issues with Baro. or GPS Alt.?

Matt

I cannot guess. But as mentioned before getting the detailed kmz and csv data from the FAA might show something. Just email them to me if you have them. Yes it say might be possible that the Willows ADS-B tower has a problem and the Redding one was working fine and Ramy flew in the Redding tower airspace part of that time and the rest of you did not. That would stand out clearly in the detailed reports. I'm happy to follow up with the FAA if it looks like there was a site problem, but the detailed reports would help.
Old April 25th 21, 01:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

On Saturday, April 24, 2021 at 12:51:57 PM UTC-7, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
ads-b update

I looked at the FAA report for two other pilots that flew out of the Williams area on Friday 4/16, Ramy ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7wgkinoru...55266.pdf?dl=0 ) and Peter Deane ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/8vkprmv4gu...57927.pdf?dl=0 ). They both had pretty identical long flights all the way around the top of the valley to Trinity Center and back down the Eastern edge of the valley, then back to Williams. Ramy showed a normal report, while Peter showed 48.01% fail on Baro., and 48.01% on GPS. alt. Why are these two 48.01% numbers identical? Bad ground station for part of the flight? If so why did Ramy have no issues with Baro. or GPS Alt.?

Matt

I cannot guess, again detailed kmz and csv reports would help. I also have no idea when/if ever the other glider ADS-B out systems ever passed a PAPR.. Instead of doing this publicity, why don't the glider pilots email me the detailed kmz and csv reports (whoever requested the PAPR reports reply to those FAA PAPR emails asking for the detailed reports). And I can take a look. I have all the detailed reports from Andy already.
Old April 25th 21, 02:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.

Darryl

I don't have your current email. Please email me at matt (at) digital shorts (dot) com.

I looked at the FAA report for two other pilots that flew out of the Williams area on Friday 4/16, Ramy ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7wgkinoru...55266.pdf?dl=0 ) and Peter Deane ( https://www..dropbox.com/s/8vkprmv4g...57927.pdf?dl=0 ). They both had pretty identical long flights all the way around the top of the valley to Trinity Center and back down the Eastern edge of the valley, then back to Williams. Ramy showed a normal report, while Peter showed 48.01% fail on Baro., and 48.01% on GPS. alt. Why are these two 48.01% numbers identical? Bad ground station for part of the flight? If so why did Ramy have no issues with Baro. or GPS Alt.?

Old April 25th 21, 03:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Semantics Michael

Just remember, your FLARM doesn't alert you unless you're on a collision course.

https://i.imgur.com/QLpwpVu.gifv
Old April 25th 21, 04:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

That’s not accurate. Flarm alerts you of any traffic within the range you specify, both visually and audio alerts. It will sound loud alarm only when you are on a collision course. This is not the same as alerting you.. All these can be configured in powerflarm and in the display so make sure you configure your devices correctly. This is not related do the range analysis that Matt is referring to.

Ramy

Old April 25th 21, 06:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.

Ramy,

How do you find out if you are blacklisted?

Matt

Old April 25th 21, 07:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

My first test flight in my Stemme a couple of years ago failed. That
was a 3+ hour flight with a lot of cranking around. The next day I made
a simple race track flight just above 10K' AGL and close to the airport.
After 30 minutes I landed. Passed 100%.

Dan
5J

Old April 25th 21, 07:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

Matt, it will show up in a clear red comment on top saying something like you are on a no service list. I never received any notification so once I fixed the issue I contacted the FAA with a copy of clean report and after a month or so they removed me from the list.

Ramy

On Sunday, April 25, 2021 at 10:01:37 AM UTC-7, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
[...]

Flarm Range Analysis Dan Marotta Soaring 22 June 16th 17 10:54 AM
Information for all users of Flarm, OEM FLARM supplier and Flarm PowerFlarm [email protected] Soaring 28 March 12th 16 05:31 AM
FLARM Range [email protected] Soaring 11 June 16th 15 11:44 PM
Flarm range Ramy[_2_] Soaring 7 May 7th 15 11:02 PM
long range aircraft flying short-range routes? tupolev204 Piloting 10 April 22nd 11 07:44 PM