Ohhhhhh Micbloo

Old August 30th 04, 05:01 PM
Shiver Me Timbers

Default Ohhhhhh Micbloo

So are the sounds of rotors keeping you awake this week.

Spotlights lighting up your bedroom at 3 AM.

Subway traffic disrupted for you and the family.

Radio traffic blasting from your scanner's speaker.

Are you feeling a deep rooted urge to vote in the next few months.
Old August 30th 04, 09:26 PM
Micbloo

So are the sounds of rotors keeping you awake this week.
Spotlights lighting up your bedroom at 3 AM.

I'm not in Manhattan so I wouldnt have to worry about that. BTW, I love that
stuff. :O)
But I hear lots of helos (PD, CG etc) are buzzing around. It'll get busier
when GB
comes in to town.
And they've closed all 3 NYC heliports until the RNC is over.

Subway traffic disrupted for you and the family.

I'll let you know tomorrow. I've been off the last two weeks and havent set
foot on
the LIRR or subway. Though I did hear today that the trains are pretty
deserted as many people have fled the city or taken vacation during the RNC.

Radio traffic blasting from your scanner's speaker.

Yeah, was listening to a few PD channels today and they were pretty busy.
Its nice that I'm pretty far from Manhattan but pick up their channels quite
nice. Good repeater system they have.

Are you feeling a deep rooted urge to vote in the next few months.

LOL, I vote every election.

Old September 3rd 04, 02:57 AM
Micbloo

But I hear lots of helos (PD, CG etc) are buzzing around. It'll get busier
when GB
comes in to town.

Yeah it was real busy today with GW in
town. They had all 3 Bell 412s working today, most of the day, as well as
their LongRanger as GW moved around town.. USCG was using an HH60 with
door gunner and PD utilized the Fuji Blimp
for aerial surveillance. Looked pretty cool
with NYPD written on the side.

Though I did hear today that the trains are pretty
deserted as many people have fled the city or taken vacation during the RNC.

Best friggin commuting I ever had. Nice
empty, quiet trains. No delays either way.
Damn, Al-queda cant scare New Yorkers
but the Republicans had everyone hauling
ass out of town. LOL!!

Here's a picture of PDs new A119.
(Hope it works)
Nice looking ship.
http://www.brycebuck.com/gallery/det...hp?image_id=61

Old September 3rd 04, 04:01 AM
Shiver Me Timbers

Micbloo wrote:

Best friggin commuting I ever had. Nice
empty, quiet trains. No delays either way.

I'll bet that crime is down a tad this week as well.

Here's a picture of PDs new A119.
(Hope it works)
Nice looking ship.
http://www.brycebuck.com/gallery/det...hp?image_id=61

Indeed.

Any idea what a little darling like that is worth with all the doodads.

Shiver
Old September 3rd 04, 06:21 AM
Guy Alcala

Shiver Me Timbers wrote:

Micbloo wrote:

Best friggin commuting I ever had. Nice
empty, quiet trains. No delays either way.

I'll bet that crime is down a tad this week as well.

snip

Don't tell the working girls (and guys) that - I imagine they've had to
bring in outside help to handle all the extra business;-)

Guy

Old September 3rd 04, 06:31 AM
Shiver Me Timbers

Guy Alcala wrote:

Don't tell the working girls (and guys) that - I imagine they've had to
bring in outside help to handle all the extra business;-)

Ooooooppps.

I suppose I was being a tad simplistic.

I wonder how many people from out of town (so to speak)
have let their hair down and maybe their pants as well, and are about
to receive a rude shock when they see their name in print in the local
paper back home because someone saw them doing something under
the apple tree, with the wrong apple.
Old September 4th 04, 11:55 PM
Micbloo

Don't tell the working girls (and guys) that - I imagine they've had to
bring in outside help to handle all the extra business;-)

Republicans dont have sex.
Old September 5th 04, 12:04 AM
Guy Alcala

Micbloo wrote:

Don't tell the working girls (and guys) that - I imagine they've had to
bring in outside help to handle all the extra business;-)

Republicans dont have sex.

With the exception of certain Speakers of the House, presumably. So you're
saying virtually all new members are converts? That means if they didn't
have the benefits of modern reproductive science, they'd die off like the
Shakers;-)

Guy

Old September 6th 04, 03:37 PM
Micbloo

That means if they didn't
have the benefits of modern reproductive science, they'd die off like the
Shakers;-)

CAn we be so lucky?
:O)