Super Bug Vs F-22

Old April 19th 06, 01:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

Default Super Bug Vs F-22

AF loses again.....

Gun cam pics here

Super Hornet wins!:

http://www.strategypage.com/messageboards/messages/6-33303.asp

Old April 19th 06, 02:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

Paul wrote:
AF loses again.....

Gun cam pics here

Super Hornet wins!:

http://www.strategypage.com/messageboards/messages/6-33303.asp

Keep reading those comments.

http://www.strategypage.com/messageb...es/6-33894.asp

--
Tom Schoene lid
To email me, replace "invalid" with "net"
Old April 19th 06, 10:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

"Thomas Schoene" wrote in message
nk.net...
Paul wrote:
AF loses again.....

Gun cam pics here

Super Hornet wins!:

http://www.strategypage.com/messageboards/messages/6-33303.asp

Keep reading those comments.

http://www.strategypage.com/messageb...es/6-33894.asp

2nd post. Sounds like sour grapes rationalized. I don't think anybody
believes the Super Bug is superior to the Raptor. But it seems some of them
get VERY testy when their better airplane proves just a cut less than
invincible.

On a similar note, I've seen TACTS range replays of an F-15 division
absolutely humbled by a division of F-5E's. If I was enroute to a
multiplane air-to-air fur ball, the F-15 would be my weapon of choice (until
recently anyway). But there are days when the dog walks you.

R / John

Old April 20th 06, 10:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

On a similar note, I've seen TACTS range replays of an F-15 division
absolutely humbled by a division of F-5E's. If I was enroute to a
multiplane air-to-air fur ball, the F-15 would be my weapon of choice
(until recently anyway). But there are days when the dog walks you.

I imagine Chuck Yeager in a P-51 could wax my ass in an F-22. "It's the
man, not the machine." and "I'd rather be lucky than good any day." Like
John said, I don't think anyone believes that Super Bug to be anything than
Raptor food in an "even" match. But all's fair in love and war, and that
photo will certainly make for some great bragging rights!

Out of curiosity John, would you take the F-15C over the F-14D in a
multiplane furball? With your two-seater vs. solo-seater experience, I'd be
curious to hear your reasons. Cheers,

Tony

Old April 21st 06, 12:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

"TV" wrote in message
On a similar note, I've seen TACTS range replays of an F-15 division
absolutely humbled by a division of F-5E's. If I was enroute to a
multiplane air-to-air fur ball, the F-15 would be my weapon of choice
(until recently anyway). But there are days when the dog walks you.

I imagine Chuck Yeager in a P-51 could wax my ass in an F-22. "It's the
man, not the machine." and "I'd rather be lucky than good any day." Like
John said, I don't think anyone believes that Super Bug to be anything
than Raptor food in an "even" match. But all's fair in love and war, and
that photo will certainly make for some great bragging rights!

Out of curiosity John, would you take the F-15C over the F-14D in a
multiplane furball? With your two-seater vs. solo-seater experience, I'd
be curious to hear your reasons. Cheers,

Excellent question. I'd prefer the F-14 airframe and given the right set of
eyeballs in the rear cockpit, I'd sure like to have that insurance policy (a
good RIO is worth his weight in gold, Hey Joe and Begs come quickly to
mind). OTOH, the F-15 has a much better weapon system in this environment
and notably, is AAMRAAM capable. The F-14 is a faster on egress, not a bad
thing to have when you're winchester and the natives are ****ed.

Almost depends on how I'm flying that day. Fangs through the floorboard?
Better to have that RIO to stop the insanity. Cool calm and collected? The
F-15 and its superior lethality. Given my propensity to get "shot" about 10
seconds after saying "closing for guns" in the F-8 ....

R / John

Old April 25th 06, 12:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

"Paul" wrote in message
AF loses again.....

Gun cam pics here

Super Hornet wins!:

http://www.strategypage.com/messageboards/messages/6-33303.asp

1) Some people forget that 10-to-1 exchange rate still means you loose 10%
of the time.

2) Read up on "Texas sharp shooter" syndrome. Since it's expected and no
big deal you don't see all the Bug squashing, only the 'unexpected' shots.

Old April 26th 06, 07:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

Paul wrote:
AF loses again.....

Gun cam pics here

Super Hornet wins!:

http://www.strategypage.com/messageboards/messages/6-33303.asp

But F-22 could have won... ;-))) On condition that the pilot manages to
go out of the cockpit after the fight is over...

http://www.flightglobal.com/Articles/2002/02/24/Navigation/177/204883/Pictures+Pilot+trapped+for+5h+in+cockpit+of+USAF's +new+%24135m+F-22A+Raptor+after+canopy.html
(thanks for this link to Alert5 web site - www.alert5.com)

Is Raptor a multi-million well-advertised shoddy gadget???

Best regards,
Jacek

P.S. There have been always some kinds of false prophets to say that
only aircraft with long-range missiles are needed, or only stealth
aircraft are needed, or only UCAVs are all we need...