Changing Logbooks

Old April 12th 07, 12:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_2_]

Default Changing Logbooks

Jose wrote:

Yanno, there's just something visceral about turning the pages of a real
logbook, with actual ink on paper entries carefully penned over the
course of many flying years.

I look at another angle of electronic logbooks.

I have many old photos and documents. I've lost at least twice as many
digital pictures and documents. A few years ago, my wife bought me an
1890's New Haven Railroad locomotive engineer's diary at an antique
shop. I doubt anything that I store in digital format will ever be
"found" in the future.
Old April 12th 07, 03:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andrew Sarangan

On Apr 12, 7:37 am, B A R R Y wrote:
Jose wrote:

Yanno, there's just something visceral about turning the pages of a real
logbook, with actual ink on paper entries carefully penned over the
course of many flying years.

I look at another angle of electronic logbooks.

I have many old photos and documents. I've lost at least twice as many
digital pictures and documents. A few years ago, my wife bought me an
1890's New Haven Railroad locomotive engineer's diary at an antique
shop. I doubt anything that I store in digital format will ever be
"found" in the future.

When I was a kid we lost everything in a terrorist attack. There is
not a single family photo left. Now I don't keep anything important on
paper. All my stuff is electronic and is archived offsite. It is
cheaper too because it takes no storage space. I have also learned not
to be a pack rat. It is better to store memory in your head than on
paper.

Electronic Logbooks daniel.bascomb Piloting 19 December 21st 06 08:42 PM
Falsified logbooks? Close to home... Dave S Owning 1 April 6th 06 10:40 PM
Logbooks? der flieger Products 0 April 13th 05 02:44 PM
best online or software based private pilot logbooks der flieger Products 0 April 13th 05 02:43 PM
NR abbreviation in logbooks Jeremy Lew Piloting 11 November 19th 03 03:46 PM