For Fliers Only

Old December 4th 03, 04:41 AM
Dudley Henriques

"Bob McKellar" wrote in message

Jack wrote:

Dudley done wrote:

...most of the discourse we heard did occur in the early part of his
approach...and that was I believe, before the 5 second no trans go
missed call by the controller.
But she DID sound sexy as hell!!!!

I've met a couple of female controllers who sounded like that, too.

However,
in real life they were both many kilos over weight, and years past their
anticipated age.

If you consider those two characteristics to be a problem, I must suspect

you
have little experience with such ladies.

You probably have missed a lot.

Bob McKellar, who usually does not bring up "kilos" and "years" as

subjects of
proper conversation......

Well, I for one don't see these things as any particular problem.
I'll be sure to mention your sentiments to our best friend, a lovely lady of
some girth whom my wife and I have both known and loved for many years.
Lighten up there Bob. Black humor is a tradition in aviation and doesn't
necessarily indicate prejudice.
Or am I "misreading" you again? :-))
DH

Old December 4th 03, 04:59 AM
Bob McKellar

Jack wrote:

Dudley done wrote:

[...]

I rarely have a problem with "lightening up" except with the bathroom scales.

I had no serious or censorious intent, but the topic of discussion brought back
a lot of very pleasant memories.

As a happily married man of about 20 years ( out of a total of thirty years
total married service ) I have no recent experience in the marketplace of
temporary gratification.

However.......

in the distant past......

I learned quite well that the quality of the overall "experience" had absolutely
nothing to do with the degree of similarity of my companion to a centerfold.

I shall leave to others the appropriate quote from Ben Franklin.

I always thought a beautiful blonde on the arm was a lot like a big watch on the
wrist..........

Bob McKellar, who thinks that if you are on final approach in the dark,
sometimes a wide runway is preferred

Old December 4th 03, 05:25 AM
Dudley Henriques

Jack wrote:

Dudley done wrote:

[...]

Yes, I can identify completely with what you're saying.
Our friend; the one I spoke of, had serious problems health wise because of
her weight. It took some time to get her life under control. Fortunately,
she had the fortitude to get a tight grip on it, and with the help of her
friends, us included, she made it. We're all very proud of her.
She is a brilliant person; has a post grad degree in music from Julliard,
and has played harp with a well known symphony.
You're absolutely right. Physical appearance has nothing at all to do with
talent or brains. It's the heart and soul of a person that makes the
difference. In fact, other than discussing her here, I can't remember the
last time I even thought about her in any other way but how absolutely
beautiful she is.
Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
Commercial Pilot/ CFI Retired
For personal email, please replace
the z's with e's.
dhenriquesATzarthlinkDOTnzt

Old December 4th 03, 06:46 AM
hlg

"Jan Swensen" wrote in message

"Alan Dicey"
wrote in message ...
ArtKramr wrote:
Subject: For Fliers Only...

The three most useless things in aviation are
- runway behind you
- altitude above you
- and a tenth of a second ago.

The ORIGINAL third most useless thing was "a field grade bombardier!"

I have also heard "fuel in the bowser" as an optional third item.

Old December 4th 03, 09:23 AM
R Haskin

"ArtKramr" wrote in message

You've never been lost until you've been lost at Mach 3. (Paul F.
Crickmore - test pilot)

Since when has Crickmore been a test pilot?!

Old December 4th 03, 10:52 AM
mah

--
Jack

"Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible."
-- Lord Kelvin, President, Royal Society, 1895

C'mon, quit trying to ruin a good fantasy over her looks by injecting
reality.

MAH
Old December 4th 03, 01:53 PM
George Z. Bush

Jack wrote:

Dudley done wrote:

[...]

Preferred is for the good ones......essential is for the rest of us who rarely
encountered a runway that didn't have a meandering centerline, especially in
crosswinds. (^-^)))

George Z.

Old December 4th 03, 02:21 PM
Jan Swensen

"R Haskin" wrote in message "ArtKramr" wrote in message

You've never been lost until you've been lost at Mach 3. (Paul F.
Crickmore - test pilot)

Since when has Crickmore been a test pilot?!

Ever since Kramer claimed to be a Navigator!

Old December 4th 03, 03:50 PM
Alan Minyard

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 03:33:44 GMT, "Dudley Henriques" wrote:

"Jack" wrote in message
Dudley done wrote:

...most of the discourse we heard did occur in the early part of his
approach...and that was I believe, before the 5 second no trans go
missed call by the controller.
But she DID sound sexy as hell!!!!

I've met a couple of female controllers who sounded like that, too.

However,
in real life they were both many kilos over weight, and years past their
anticipated age.

--
Jack

It's funny about things like that. It could be that the heavier they get,
the lower their voice gets until at last they reach that perfect scenario of
maximum weight vs maximum sexy voice!! :-))
Dudley Henriques
International Fighter Pilots Fellowship
Commercial Pilot/ CFI Retired
For personal email, please replace
the z's with e's.
dhenriquesATzarthlinkDOTnzt

There is an old story, which I have no way of knowing
its veracity, about the B-58 program. Supposedly, the
voice for the warning system ("fire in number four engine", etc)
was that of a lady who won a contest for the "sexiest" voice.
The theory being that on a long, boring flight (in a B-58???) the
female voice would startle the crew into action. She was a
60ish grandmother.

Like I said, I have no idea if this was the case or not :-))

Al Minyard