Sport Pilot license

Old June 21st 05, 08:12 PM
keepitrunning

Default Sport Pilot license

Has anyone come up with an estimated cost of a sport pilot license versus a
regular pilot's license. Then would it be reasonable to add the
requirements for a pilot's license later?

Any thoughts and comments are appreciated.

Gary

Old June 21st 05, 08:40 PM
Gig 601XL Builder

"keepitrunning" wrote in message
Has anyone come up with an estimated cost of a sport pilot license versus
a regular pilot's license. Then would it be reasonable to add the
requirements for a pilot's license later?

Any thoughts and comments are appreciated.

Gary

As far as flight time you have 1/2 the required hours so you should have 1/2
the cost. Also, subtract the cost of the AME physical.

There is no reason not to get the SP on the way to a PP. But unless you have
a LSA sitting around you want to fly there is no real reason to either.

Old June 21st 05, 11:39 PM
Vaughn

"Gig 601XL Builder" wr.giacona@coxDOTnet wrote in message

As far as flight time you have 1/2 the required hours so you should have 1/2
the cost.

As Todd pointed out, this is unlikely, but will vary greatly with the
individual. IMO, flight training should not be rushed. The instructor is the
cheapest part of flying.

Also, subtract the cost of the AME physical.

But don't forget to add in the cost of an extra flight test.

Old June 22nd 05, 10:37 PM

I just saw the FAA presentation at '04 OshKosh on DVD, and they stated
very clearly, several times, that you CANNOT get a SPL if you've failed
a medical, until you get a successful medical. If that is so, WTF is
the SPL for, anyway????

Drew

Old June 22nd 05, 10:59 PM
Gig 601XL Builder

wrote in message
oups.com...
I just saw the FAA presentation at '04 OshKosh on DVD, and they stated
very clearly, several times, that you CANNOT get a SPL if you've failed
a medical, until you get a successful medical. If that is so, WTF is
the SPL for, anyway????

Drew

The key is FAILED a medical. Think about it.

I, for example, had a mild heart attack 11 years ago and lost my medical. I
then got a special issuance that has now expired. I can fly LSA with my Ark
DL.

Old June 23rd 05, 01:11 AM
gilan

Good question to ask on the Light Sport Aircraft group.
--
Have a good day and stay out of the trees!
See ya on Sport Aircraft group

"keepitrunning" wrote ...

Old June 23rd 05, 10:38 PM
Rick Pellicciotti

When our airplanes get here next month, we will be charging $69/hr wet
for our S-LSA airplane (Aerostar Festival). Our instructors get $30/hr
so your dual time will be $99/hr. Figure 30 hours for the average
person and the cost for a Sport Pilot license will be $3,000.00.

Since we only use CFI's for your training, all of the dual that you do
for your Sport Pilot license will count towards a Private later if you
choose to go for it.

Rick Pellicciotti
http://www.lightsportflying.com

Old June 23rd 05, 10:53 PM
W P Dixon

Hey Rick,
I sure wish you could sell a few of those planes over here in east TN. I
may have to come over to Memphis and take one for a ride! Lord that's a
longgg drive! I need a plane and cert to go fly a plane and get a
cert!!!!!

Patrick
student SPL
aircraft structural mech

Old June 27th 05, 12:00 AM
rpellicciotti

Patrick,
I hope to get an airplane or two placed up there soon. Come down and
fly with us after Airventure.

Rick

Old June 24th 05, 01:48 PM

Rick Pellicciotti wrote:

Since we only use CFI's for your training, all of the dual that you do
for your Sport Pilot license will count towards a Private later if you
choose to go for it.

Rick Pellicciotti

Rick,

When you say "we only use CFI's for your training" do you
mean you use only Subpart H CFI's? I thought Subpart K
Flight Instructors were CFI's too. Am I wrong?

And when you say "all of the dual that you do for your Sport
Pilot license will count towards a Private" are you saying
that dual with Subpart K Instructors can't be used later to
meet instruction requirements for a Private? Can you point
me to the relevant part of the FARs that applies?

Thanks.

Please e-mail EAA and ask them to include gliders in Sport Pilot Mark James Boyd Soaring 6 December 1st 04 05:52 PM
Sport Pilot cuts off special issuance at the knees Juan~--~Jimenez Home Built 40 August 10th 04 01:19 PM
sport pilot humor Occom Home Built 0 April 9th 04 04:22 PM
Sport Pilot (was SoCal CFIGs needed. M B Soaring 1 September 30th 03 04:21 AM