crabbing and slipping

Old September 13th 03, 02:54 AM
Nyal Williams

At 19:12 12 September 2003, Chris Ocallaghan wrote:
Yikes! I feel like I'm trapped in an argument with
Cliff Claven. There
is no winning, so why bother to continue the debate.

Alas, I've broken my own rule against discussing subjects
on the ras
that have life-threatening consequences. My apologies
for inviting
such an outwelling of misconceptions and fallacies.
I hope they don't
ultimately hurt anyone.

My last word, go back to your primers and make up your
own mind.

Not in this post, but in several others, the writers
have repeatedly written 'flair.' Now, maybe that is
the way they fly, but I'm not an airshow pilot. I
always write 'flare.'

Old September 13th 03, 02:05 PM
Chris OCallaghan

But Nyal, don't you land with "distinctive elegance or style?" To
flare with flair.

I've become way too dependent on Word's spell/grammar check. If I use
the google text box, there's no telling what I might wind up saying.

Old September 15th 03, 10:07 AM
Tim

Nyal Williams s comments
read:

Not in this post, but in several others, the writers
have repeatedly written 'flair.' Now, maybe that is
the way they fly, but I'm not an airshow pilot. I
always write 'flare.'

But then again you and I write coloUr and their or there as
appropriate ;-)
--
Tim - ASW20CL "20"