Takeing scanner to Turkey

Old September 2nd 05, 10:05 AM
Ray Bellis

It's an organised business, and I can see why the
Greeks/Turks are really happy about having every aircraft
they have cross-referenced by its serial number, where
it's based, the whole lot.

Interesting - I wonder how easy it would be to get a list of the
movements of SX-BMP (Greek Alexandair MD-82) between 04/09/2005 and
31/09/2005...

Ray

Old September 2nd 05, 05:23 PM
Alastair

"JGN" wrote in message
I should think that taking a scanner to Turkey is about as wise as putting
your fingers in the light socket, whilst taking a shower.

regards,

John

yes you even get that service free in certain 4th World Prisons.

Old September 5th 05, 07:35 PM
PromaBoss

the fact is all aircraft details are available legally,so if the asshole
greeks dont want people planne spotting then simple shut there tin pot
airfoce down

same week they arrested plane spooters and said they did not know what ones
arre,even though there are greek plane spooters as there are in every
country no doubt the Greeks had a piece wrtiten about a new spy plane in a
hobbyist magazine with photos/interviews and so on,so saying they did not
know waht plane spooters were is crap

not only that often HAF turn up at european airshows and we pay for there
food and board at fairfod when they come,so they know damn well what a
spotter is
they are just greek assholes,if a country does not allow scanning takwe it
any way

dont let some tin pot country tell you waht to do,scanners do no harm,nor
does plane spotting

only other advice is do as i do dont bother with travelling abroad,stay in
UK we have best holidays in the world in thyis countyt

some poor sods go to USA and get hurricanes thrown at them,i would not help
any of those twits who went to hurricaine areas in hurricaine season.

it same time,same place everry year

dont follow silly laws silly laws are thwere to be broken ,only laws any
country needs is to protect lives of people scanning andb spotting harms
neither.

as said the airfame information is publicly available so greeks have no
right to stop such info.

Old September 5th 05, 07:36 PM
PromaBoss

4th world is that USA ??

Old September 5th 05, 07:38 PM
PromaBoss

so i say do it stuff the sods

silly laws who cares????

on holiday or anywhere scanner is with me all day all night i pity anyone
attempting to take one away from me,thjey would live to regeret it

been there done it,some copper took one off me couple of years ago

its quite funny as one day his car got paint thrown all over it and windows
smashed,i ownder how that happwened.

only joking lol

"JGN" wrote in message
I should think that taking a scanner to Turkey is about as wise as putting
your fingers in the light socket, whilst taking a shower.

regards,

John

"Kalthus" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi
Can anyone tell me if they had a problem in the past takeing a
scanner into turkey I have a battered yupteru MVT7100 mainly to listern
to Aircrafts or world service if customs ask :-p had no problem last in
egypt with it.

thanks
Kalthus

Old September 13th 05, 02:42 PM
Kalthus

well i`m in turkey now and I wish I had as there were no checks at
customs at Dalaman
an althrough not many planes seen apart from a couple of daily Mil
jets I could have spent many hours on the Marinea listening to the
marine chancels and dreaming od the day I win the lottery and get one
of my own :-p

Old September 16th 05, 06:38 PM
Richard Herring

In article . com,
Kalthus wrote
well i`m in turkey now and I wish I had as there were no checks at
customs at Dalaman
an althrough not many planes seen apart from a couple of daily Mil
jets I could have spent many hours on the Marinea listening to the
marine chancels and dreaming od the day I win the lottery and get one
of my own :-p

You speak Turkish?

(About all you'll hear on the marine channels is fishermen moaning about
the price of fish, and Sunsail flotillas getting lost.)
--
Richard Herring
Old September 16th 05, 09:38 PM

Only Me" wrote in message

I'm not sure about the laws though, didn't a group of plane spotters get
arrested over that part of the world a while back.
Rog

Think that was Greece?

That was in GREASE where the GRIKS are all a paranoid little bunch of
frequently bitchslapped ****wits with stumpy little legs and big fat
egos

*LOL*

You'll find the Turks are big & hard enough not to be scared of some
nerdy foreigners with notepads and pencils

Old September 17th 05, 01:17 PM

I always thought Chriac was a bit nerdy.

Old September 18th 05, 07:39 PM
Walter Constantin Gogu Costica Brincoveanu Mitty

Who addressed you, queer little muppet ?

Shut up you impudent little grik gimp BITCH

When I want the monkey I'll rattle your nuts

PWNT !

F-14 Turkey? Wlengel Naval Aviation 18 December 9th 04 06:13 PM
Scanner frequencies for Oshkosh? Greg General Aviation 1 July 21st 04 04:40 PM
~ 8 MORE DEAD US SOLDIERS - 93 IN APRIL SO FAR - BUSH CHECKS TURKEY MORRIS434 Military Aviation 0 April 22nd 04 09:44 AM
Scanner Greg General Aviation 7 March 7th 04 06:06 PM
Aviation radio scanner tips? Jim Atkins Military Aviation 4 February 12th 04 06:58 PM