Wanting to purchase a decent weather instrumentation system ... any suggestions?

Old January 23rd 06, 01:42 AM posted to ne.weather,rec.aviation.products,rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.piloting

Default Wanting to purchase a decent weather instrumentation system ... any suggestions?

wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm interested in purchasing a package weather instrumentation system
possibly with some other environmental sensory data packages ... any
suggestions? It is for a small airport with moderate traffic. I am
looking for manufacturer suggestions who are reliable with good
accurate repeatable consistent results.

Any help, would be appreciated.

Always go with Belfort....anything else is pure junk.
:-)

--
Rusty
www.rbwaters.com

Old January 23rd 06, 01:43 AM posted to ne.weather,rec.aviation.products,rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.piloting

wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm interested in purchasing a package weather instrumentation system
possibly with some other environmental sensory data packages ... any
suggestions? It is for a small airport with moderate traffic. I am
looking for manufacturer suggestions who are reliable with good
accurate repeatable consistent results.

Any help, would be appreciated.

I forgot to mention you should avoid, at all cost, Super AWOS.
That guy funds terrorists and hates Jews.

--
Rusty
www.rbwaters.com

Old January 23rd 06, 04:10 PM posted to ne.weather,rec.aviation.products,rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.piloting

wrote in message
oups.com...
Michelle, thank you for the information. I briefly checked out the
website and liked what I saw. I'm still debating whether I shall want
the system to be certified though. I was aware of Davis, but for some
reason, it just slipped my mind. Do you work for Davis?

Seems as though this newsgroup is full of nuts! When someone posts a
question about weather Instrumentation, all of the idiots come out of
the wood work, and blame this guy that used to work for Belfort. They
must either be competitors, or some existing employees of Belfort. I
also noticed that they follow each other around newsgroups and tag-team
anyone who does not agree with them! Watch out, they are a bunch of
simple-minded individuals with no life! They make all kinds of
accusations and blame everyone wrongly for speaking their own opinion!

Anyway, thank you for the information!

I own a Davis Vantage Pro II and have had zero problems with it. I would
recommend it to anyone. I bought an Oregon Instruments weather station that
was complete junk (I seen it at Sams Club a few ago to!), so I finally just
had to spend the money and buy a nice one.

DW

Old January 23rd 06, 09:49 PM posted to ne.weather,rec.aviation.products,rec.aviation.misc,rec.aviation.piloting

No, I do not think I will be buying a Belfort or Oregon unit!.

Darkwing, what use or area of the country is your unit used for/in? Is
it at a commercial or private airport, etc.? What type of traffic and
weather conditions are prevalent?

Any help you can provide would be welcome.