Takeing scanner to Turkey

Old August 30th 05, 09:45 PM
Kalthus

Default Takeing scanner to Turkey

Hi
Can anyone tell me if they had a problem in the past takeing a
scanner into turkey I have a battered yupteru MVT7100 mainly to listern
to Aircrafts or world service if customs ask :-p had no problem last in
egypt with it.

thanks
Kalthus

Old August 31st 05, 07:27 PM
Only Me

"Kalthus" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi
Can anyone tell me if they had a problem in the past takeing a
scanner into turkey I have a battered yupteru MVT7100 mainly to listern
to Aircrafts or world service if customs ask :-p had no problem last in
egypt with it.

thanks
Kalthus

Why would you want to take your scanner to Turkey?
Rog

Old August 31st 05, 07:38 PM
Prometheus

In article , Only Me
writes
"Kalthus" wrote in message
roups.com...
Hi
Can anyone tell me if they had a problem in the past takeing a
scanner into turkey I have a battered yupteru MVT7100 mainly to listern
to Aircrafts or world service if customs ask :-p had no problem last in
egypt with it.

thanks
Kalthus

Why would you want to take your scanner to Turkey?

Perhaps he is a masochist who likes Turkish prison food!

--
Ian G8ILZ
Old August 31st 05, 07:39 PM
Paul Shouler

"Only Me" wrote in message
I'm not sure about the laws though, didn't a group of plane spotters get
arrested over that part of the world a while back.
Rog

Think that was Greece?

Old August 31st 05, 07:39 PM
Only Me

Hi
Can anyone tell me if they had a problem in the past takeing a
scanner into turkey I have a battered yupteru MVT7100 mainly to listern
to Aircrafts or world service if customs ask :-p had no problem last in
egypt with it.

thanks
Kalthus

Why would you want to take your scanner to Turkey?
Rog

Why are you asking?
KA

I just wondered out of curiosity, I mean, you would more or less have to be
able to understand Turkish fluently to make any sense out of anything you
picked up on the scanner.

Old August 31st 05, 07:49 PM
Only Me

Why would you want to take your scanner to Turkey?

Perhaps he is a masochist who likes Turkish prison food!

--
Ian G8ILZ

lol, could be, although myself, after what happened in Greece or wherever it
was, I wouldn't risk it, even if they just confiscated the scanner, that
would be bad enough. Some of these countries are not so easy-going about
ordinary people listening in on radio comms, even if it is only civ-air.

Old August 31st 05, 10:40 PM
Kalthus

mainly to keep up to date with the football via bbc world service on
shortwave

Old September 1st 05, 06:14 AM
Prometheus

In article .com,
Kalthus writes
mainly to keep up to date with the football via bbc world service on
shortwave

Take a short-wave (& LW/MW/FM) broadcast radio, there wont be any
question that it covers other frequencies.
--
Ian G8ILZ
Old September 1st 05, 04:49 PM
JGN

I should think that taking a scanner to Turkey is about as wise as putting
your fingers in the light socket, whilst taking a shower.

regards,

John

Old September 1st 05, 05:40 PM
Ken Ward

"Peter" wrote in message

"JGN" wrote:

I should think that taking a scanner to Turkey is about as wise as putting
your fingers in the light socket, whilst taking a shower.

It does amaze me how much trouble plane spotters (not suggesting the
OP is a plane spotter of course go to.

My plane is cross-referenced on various spotter websites, by its
airframe serial number, and against that is every tail number it has
ever existed under. They have even got the tail number which was
attached to it for only a few days during manufacture, and they have
the number on which it was ferried to the UK. I can guess where some
of the unusual data came from; somebody inside the CAA very likely,
with access to import paperwork, or perhaps a hack into a CAA database
(I don't mean G-INFO). However, the good quality data ends abruptly
sometime in 2004; perhaps somebody left their job, or a password got
changed?

The only thing they haven't got is the crankshaft serial number - not
easy to get I suppose

It's not a Jet then?

KW

F-14 Turkey? Wlengel Naval Aviation 18 December 9th 04 06:13 PM
Scanner frequencies for Oshkosh? Greg General Aviation 1 July 21st 04 04:40 PM
~ 8 MORE DEAD US SOLDIERS - 93 IN APRIL SO FAR - BUSH CHECKS TURKEY MORRIS434 Military Aviation 0 April 22nd 04 09:44 AM
Scanner Greg General Aviation 7 March 7th 04 06:06 PM
Aviation radio scanner tips? Jim Atkins Military Aviation 4 February 12th 04 06:58 PM