Buyers market for Airplanes

Old October 6th 06, 12:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.marketplace
wise purchaser

Default Buyers market for Airplanes

WARNING !!!! don't pay to much for an airplane if you see an airplane
you like CHECK the Vaule of the airplane FIRST using Vref (see aopa web
site), NAAA or the aircraft bluebook!!!

I am looking for an airplane and finding them priced WAY OVER Vref and
NAAA values! DON''T get stuck paying to much!!!

I almost BLEW my own foot off buy paying almost 15 grand to much for
an Airplane!

The guy wanted about 28 grand for the Cessna 150 with a tired engine
(with top overhaul BALONEY) I thought it was a good price as other
Cessna 150 Airplanes advertised in the same famos publication we're
priced about the same.

Putzing around the internet I found out about NAAA and Vref valuation
service when I plugged in the numbers on the 28 grand Cessna 150 it
came back as only worth about 13 GRAND!!!!!! The tired engine
DESTROYED the value of the airplane.

MORAL : Do your home work first! DON't be LAZY! I must have got hot
for an airplane and my judgment went out the window or something?

Now I tell YOU!!! don't make the SAME mistake!

If BANKs or Insurance companys are using Vref or NAAA valuation to
set the value of airplanes then so should WE!!!!

Check EBAY for aircraft: the prices asked /bid are VERY close to
Vref and NAAA!!!

it's AMUSING to see a 1972 Cessna 150, with 6000 hrs airframe 1600 hrs
on the engine advertised for 23+ grand when Vref or NAAA value is
about 13 to 14 grand!

By the way a TOP 'overhaul' is nothing more than a REPAIR nothing
more !!! NO CREDIT should be allowed in the selling price GO BY THE
NAAA and Vref NUMBERS!!!

Vref and NAAA DO NOT GIVE ANY ENGINE CREDIT FOR A TOP
'OVERHAUL'

Regards!!!