ANR squeal on descent

Old August 18th 05, 01:54 AM
Michelle P

Ok I was tired. I meant my 20-10X's :-)
Michelle

Michelle P wrote:

My David Clarks 10-60s do not do this.
Michelle

Juan Jimenez wrote:

Somebody explain to me why ANR headsets squeal when you are
descending from FL180 and lower in an unpressurized aircraft.
Flightcom is modifying their Denalis to deal with this but they say
all ANR's do this.

????

Juan

Old August 18th 05, 02:06 AM
Juan Jimenez

"Scott Migaldi" wrote in message
Juan Jimenez wrote:
Somebody explain to me why ANR headsets squeal when you are descending
from FL180 and lower in an unpressurized aircraft. Flightcom is modifying
their Denalis to deal with this but they say all ANR's do this.

????

Juan

Never had this problem with my David Clarks or Lightspeeds. Could it be
that you have such a good ear seal that during descent the ear cups are
equalizing via a small amount of air leaking into them causing the squeal?
Have you tried loosening up the HS?

Scott

It's not me, it's a friend who flies Twin Otters out of Las Vegas. I sold
him a Denali ANR I was not using, and I had never flown with it to that high
of an altitude. He reported the problem, we talked to Flightcom, they asked
for it to be sent back and they changed the ANR module with one with an
adjustable sensitivity or something like that. They still don't know what
causes the squealing, though, and the change of modules doesn't always fix
the problem. Weird!

Juan

Old August 19th 05, 12:32 AM
Foster

I used to have a squeal problem with my DCs. Since I wear glasses, it
was suggested that the seal is compromised and feedback can occur. It's
been a long while since I've flown so I don't recall if that was in fact
the problem.

Old August 19th 05, 10:39 PM
Juan Jimenez

I don't think it is. I asked the buyer and he says he wears his glasses
above the seals.

Juan Jimenez wrote:
Somebody explain to me why ANR headsets squeal when you are descending
from FL180 and lower in an unpressurized aircraft. Flightcom is modifying
their Denalis to deal with this but they say all ANR's do this.

????

Juan

ASW19b best descent rate on approach (full airbrakes) Robert Sharpe Soaring 1 April 30th 05 11:41 AM
Shock *Heating*? Jay Honeck Owning 48 February 25th 04 03:43 PM
Avoiding Shock Cooling in Quick Descent O. Sami Saydjari Owning 32 January 21st 04 04:32 AM
Radio Squeal B. Jensen Owning 11 October 21st 03 01:00 AM
Minimum rate of climb or descent Aaron Kahn Instrument Flight Rules 3 July 25th 03 03:22 PM